Home

The ONLY thing the Madden team should be working on...

This is a discussion on The ONLY thing the Madden team should be working on... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
The ONLY thing the Madden team should be working on...

The ONE AND ONLY thing that Ian and the Madden team should be working on right now, is figuring out how to get contracts, trade logic and the salary cap system into online franchise. This needs to happen, and happen fast, as most madden players (like my friends and I) will be looking to start their online franchise soon after release!

Without the salary cap and player contracts, etc... online franchise is essentially just the same thing as NCAA's online dynasty mode, where the draft is like recruiting, and then you just hold on to the players you get until they retire (or graduate in NCAA)... with no cap or contracts, there's no smooth way to handle the rosters, and with the CPU teams not dipping into free agency, online franchises with a small number of owners won't have free agency at all anyways.

This is the ONLY thing Ian and Co. should be working on. Getting that done within the next few weeks will undeniably make Madden 10 the best football video ever made. Period. Until then, it's only a pretty band-aid, waiting to wear-out.

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 03:34 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: The ONLY thing the Madden team should be working on...

LOL bro right now this is least of Ian concerns right now. There is a lot things that is needing patch for right now. I doubt Ian is worried bout the online part right this momet. Online is fine the way it is right now.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah, go take a look at the glitches thread. I highly doubt even 20% of the madden population will be playing online franchise. Not saying online franchise isn't important, but I find gameplay issues and offline franchise needing more attention.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:31 AM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

How about M11, Online franchise for M10, patch 1, and patch 2?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:35 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

I couldnt disagree with the OP more.

Am I saying it shouldnt be added? No, but the actual game needs to play better before online does.

Fix the glitches and problems with the game itself, then worry about online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 06:25 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
The ONE AND ONLY thing that Ian and the Madden team should be working on right now, is figuring out how to get contracts, trade logic and the salary cap system into online franchise. This needs to happen, and happen fast, as most madden players (like my friends and I) will be looking to start their online franchise soon after release!

Without the salary cap and player contracts, etc... online franchise is essentially just the same thing as NCAA's online dynasty mode, where the draft is like recruiting, and then you just hold on to the players you get until they retire (or graduate in NCAA)... with no cap or contracts, there's no smooth way to handle the rosters, and with the CPU teams not dipping into free agency, online franchises with a small number of owners won't have free agency at all anyways.

This is the ONLY thing Ian and Co. should be working on. Getting that done within the next few weeks will undeniably make Madden 10 the best football video ever made. Period. Until then, it's only a pretty band-aid, waiting to wear-out.

Work on building the entire game engine , fix the challenge system , kill that over the top catching animation , fix procedural awareness.I got players making catches not even looking at the ball...again
Old 08-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree with you, because I will be playing my own offline franchise, but I will also be joining a few with a couple of my boys and it would be nice to have it work the same way as an offline franchise.

I also think some of the CPU logic is very stupid period. Bronco's released Kyle Orton and the Redskins released Jason Campbell into the free agency pool. I let a couple of days go and they both were resigned to their exact same teams. Now yes its smart on the CPU's behalf if they resigned these players for cheaper, BUT... How many players get released from their teams and resign with them?
Old 08-13-2009, 07:16 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

online is meaningless without good gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »