Home

Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game

I've played about 20 games of Madden 10 now.

While for the most part I love it - due to it finally incorporating some basic features that the 2K series had back in 04-05........like defensive assignments -

The rating system is ruining this game.

For one, Adrian Peterson is almost completely unstoppable. If you hand him the ball every play with the Vikings, you will surely win and rush for 300-500 yards.

Why?

Running to the outside allows him to get to the corner before his line or the defense can get there. Then when you attempt to tackle him, he will break through 3-7 guys and go for the TD. Hell you get an achievement for stopping him behind the line 3 times in a game.

Yes he is the best. But this is beyond unrealistic. This is like Bo Jackson in Techmo Bowl.

If you throw a screen pass to him in the flat, he's gone. Since when did he become the fastest player in the game? He runs away from players that are faster in ratings and should someone take a good angle too him, there's no chance of taking him down with 1 guy.

Then there's Brian Westbrook, completely unstoppable. 90 catch and 99 acceleration. Let me tell you guys this - in Madden 10, your catch rating isn't a big deal....it helps but no big deal.....all that matters is SPEED. If you have a fast team - that's it.

Titans defense. I played a guy that picked the Titans. I couldn't throw a pass. He lined up in a goalline defense all the time. Same defense. I couldn't do anything. You snap the ball and they sack you before you can get the throw off. If you try to quick pass it, it will just be inaccurate or get tipped and picked. Seems like a glitch. I tried everything from gun formation to throwing to the backs.....nothing worked. Instant sack or the ball gets tipped and picked. I'm sure that goalline d works with other teams as well.

If EA wants to change players last year that were in the 95 area to the 89 area - they also need to make that adjustment for their elite players otherwise those players become a cheat code.

For instance - We did a test with the Vikings -

4th and 21 in the 4th quarter - Vikings need to score and haven't completed any pass attempts consistently throughout the game yet have 42 points on AD TD's. I pick a defense designed to stop the run and have some help in the secondary should he break loose. The play on offense is Peterson off tackle on a pitch.....He goes for a TD. Gets the toss and runs over 4 players to the end zone------tried that scenario 8 times. Each time he either scores a long 60-70 yard TD or he at least picks up a 1st down and then some. He averaged like 29 yards a carry. and had something like 397 yards.

Last edited by j4ever; 08-12-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game

Angles of pursuit in the game is suspect. And most of the ProTak moments give a clear advantage to the offensive player. I think the sliders will play a key role in enhancing the game to deliver the NFL like game we hope for. The default settings aren't good to me.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

I ran into the same problems playing against Chris Johnson. You're not alone.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkapryde
I ran into the same problems playing against Chris Johnson. You're not alone.

AHHHHH I forgot about him. How could I. LOL. Is he really that much faster than everybody in the NFL? No. He's fast for a RB but there are DB's that are faster than him.

So he ran a 4.3 or 4.2 40....are you telling me that the NFL players can't tackle him in real life and he can consistently run for 300 yards?

Last I checked he breaks off 1-2 good runs a game and gets clobbered most of the time. So fake.

Sliders are cool and all......but Online gaming doesn't get the sliders adjusted.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quick typical fix, Lower Running abilities of CPU or up USER tackle. & Notch the Speed threshhold so that there is less difference in the Burners & pokeys in the league. I understand your subject though.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Highly rated players dominate the game? What the crap? Fast players are faster than others? What the hell?

For some reason I think the OP is greatly embellishing his experiences to try and prove a point.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Quick typical fix, Lower Running abilities of CPU or up USER tackle. & Notch the Speed threshhold so that there is less difference in the Burners & pokeys in the league. I understand your subject though.
Show me where you can do that online, which is what this thread is about.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ever
AHHHHH I forgot about him. How could I. LOL. Is he really that much faster than everybody in the NFL? No. He's fast for a RB but there are DB's that are faster than him.

So he ran a 4.3 or 4.2 40....are you telling me that the NFL players can't tackle him in real life and he can consistently run for 300 yards?

Last I checked he breaks off 1-2 good runs a game and gets clobbered most of the time. So fake.

Sliders are cool and all......but Online gaming doesn't get the sliders adjusted.
Chris Johnson is probably the fastest player in the NFL along with Hester. And Johnson actually isn't a big play or bust type of guy. He ran between the tackles plenty of times last year. He has great vision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »