Home

Idea for imported draft class

This is a discussion on Idea for imported draft class within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Idea for imported draft class

I have an idea for imported draft classes future Madden games. I have read many post regarding draft classes and how players like Colt McCoy, Eric Berry, Sam Bradford, mainly 1st-2nd round guys get drafted in the later rounds of the draft. Guys like me like to use real players from college for their franchises. It makes the game more realistic and fun for me. My idea is to have NCAA Football have some sort of draft rating in their game or they should have there own draft board. When ever players graduate or leave early for the draft they leave with either a 1st round, 2nd round, ect. rank with them that way in Madden they will actually be selected for that round. As far as ratings go all ratings will be dropped but some more than others. Exp- RBs will drop 5-10 ratings for ratings that really wont matter for them. Ratings like speed, agility, juke, ect. will only drop 0-5. That way they can still be effective and realistic to there ratings. No guy with 99 speed should drop to 80-85 speed. No realistic at all. Let me know what you think and if you have anything to add or not add feel free to say it.

Last edited by cellus05; 08-15-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Idea for imported draft class

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellus05
I have an idea for imported draft classes future Madden games. I have read many post regarding draft classes and how players like Colt McCoy, Eric Berry, Sam Bradford, mainly 1st-2nd round guys get drafted in the later rounds of the draft. Guys like me like to use real players from college for their franchises. It makes the game more realistic and fun for me. My idea is to have NCAA Football have some sort of draft rating in their game or they should have there own draft board. When ever players graduate or leave early for the draft they leave with either a 1st round, 2nd round, ect. rank with them that way in Madden they will actually be selected for that round. As far as ratings go all ratings will be dropped but some more than others. Exp- RBs will drop 5-10 ratings for ratings that really wont matter for them. Ratings like speed, agility, juke, ect. will only drop 0-5. That way they can still be effective and realistic to there ratings. No guy with 99 speed should drop to 80-85 speed. No realistic at all. Let me know what you think and if you have anything to add or not add feel free to say it.
I like this because its what MADDEN and NCAA need to do to make this soon to be great game even better,Because I'm all for realism and plus its the only way to play like they do in real life.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah hopefully they can work together to fix this.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

it would probably help for game sales of both too...!!! - ya just stated the obvious, but that's what would really help drive them to do this
Old 08-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah. I just want the draft classes to be as real as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

the only problem with this idea is that the rating would only be good for one year, then it after that, its a crap shoot to tell who is good enough to be 1st/2nd round material in the draft.

and the rating would have to be dynamic. if a player with 1st round potential gets a knee injury in your NCAA season, his potential would drop to 3rd round or lower. or if he has a rough season, etc.

i dont see how it would work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »