Home

AI blitzes too frequently

This is a discussion on AI blitzes too frequently within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
AI blitzes too frequently

Anyone else think this is the case? Nearly every team has Jim Johnson as their defensive coordinator it seems. The quick slants to TE/slot WR's are nearly always open as when you run a 3 WR set they rarely match up with a nickel..they are more likely to just bring a house blitz (engage eight) and give up a big play. I like the game, but the AI's strategy is a bit lacking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: AI blitzes too frequently

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Anyone else think this is the case? Nearly every team has Jim Johnson as their defensive coordinator it seems. The quick slants to TE/slot WR's are nearly always open as when you run a 3 WR set they rarely match up with a nickel..they are more likely to just bring a house blitz (engage eight) and give up a big play. I like the game, but the AI's strategy is a bit lacking.
Cant say I agree with this
Old 08-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I agree. It makes playing the CPU frustrating and unrealistic. They blitz & you throw to the TE or the bat the pass down. Either those or your OL just let the LB's crush your QB.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
Rookie

LSUF4N's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I have had no problem with this for the most part. However i agree that the cpu strategy is off. I have noticed the cpu blitzes on 3rd down and sometimes 2nd down. I have never had a blitz on 1st unless it is goal line.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

If they aren't blitzing too much it's a problem, if they are blitzing too much it's a problem....

We have a complaint thread for a reason -- I can't discuss this game on OS anymore because all I run into is silly threads like this. I'm not sure why I'm even posting in this thread other than to say I disagree.

Can't we just take the game for what it is, make suggestions for Patch #2 in the thread provided and move on? You have a right to complain, but threads like these aren't well thought out, IMO. I apologize if you think I'm attacking you personally because I'm not, you may be right about blitzing -- I have no idea, I just get tired of having to sort through these threads to actually talk about the game, my dynasty etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

^^^If you don't like the thread, don't open it. Your way out of line.

As for the op's question I am not sure if I have seen to many blitzes but I do agree that the AI still does not match up it's defense to your offensive set as well they should. Still seeing way too many 3, 4 and 5 wr sets where the cpu comes out with 2 or 3 linebackers.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 08-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

NEVER NOTICED THIS but if they blitz alot good because i blitz the hell out of them.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsdabeast
I agree. It makes playing the CPU frustrating and unrealistic. They blitz & you throw to the TE or the bat the pass down. Either those or your OL just let the LB's crush your QB.
this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »