Home

NCAA and High Def

This is a discussion on NCAA and High Def within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NCAA and High Def

My old tube TV died yesterday, so I finally get to step into the new millennium with an LCD. It's probably only going to be 32", so I think 720p is fine (money is a concern). I was just wondering if any of you know how important the panel's response time to gaming, specifically NCAA Football. I'm looking at one with a response time of 8ms, and one with lower contrast, but 5ms response time. Any idea if the 8 will be fine for NCAA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA and High Def

Try not to go more then 6ms. It really depends on how picky you are. I have a friend that has a 8ms TV and it drives the me crazy when we play, but he doesnt really notice. I would not go higher then 6 though. What TV are you looking at? Trust me when I say this you don't want to skimp on your contrast ratio or you will regret it. I have a 2 Vizio's and a 40' Sammy 6 series and honestly Vizio makes some of the best bang for you buck TV's out there.
Here is a decently priced LG tho... but I would look at Vizio's
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218066284734

Last edited by gatorman1050; 08-07-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like the vizio's as well. they won "best bang for your buck" award to. I have an Aquos and love it, but a friend of mine paid half as much for a vizio and there is no difference. Dont skimp and MAKE SURE you get the warranty.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
Rookie

I would go with a samsung. Price is in the middle and quality is great. I also have a vizio. Blacks are not as good in the vizio. Bought mine online. Great price at the time. Here is a link to a 32 inch. No sales tax. Free shipping.

http://butterflyphoto.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=6743

Good luck.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

i have a 32in vizio. pretty damn good for $400. i just bought it for the ps3 and it looks amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
Rookie

bricap's Arena

I have a 32" Samsung with 6ms response and don't notice anything on my PS3. My roommate has a 22" Vizio with 8ms response and don't notice anything on his 360. Both are 720p...no point in going 1080 unless you're going over 40 inches. I think either would be fine.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
MVP

BengalTiger's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman1050
Try not to go more then 6ms. It really depends on how picky you are. I have a friend that has a 8ms TV and it drives the me crazy when we play, but he doesnt really notice. I would not go higher then 6 though. What TV are you looking at? Trust me when I say this you don't want to skimp on your contrast ratio or you will regret it. I have a 2 Vizio's and a 40' Sammy 6 series and honestly Vizio makes some of the best bang for you buck TV's out there.
Here is a decently priced LG tho... but I would look at Vizio's
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218066284734
gator I have that exact tv (the LG) in my bedroom and it is great. I can highly recommend it. it looks and sounds great, the only thing I wish it had was more component inputs, (it only has one), but a 20 dollar 4 to 1 component input switch from monoprice.com fixed that.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

coming from a tube TV even with a lower priced option such as Vizio you are gonna love the difference! Dont forget to get an HDMI cord.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »