Home

Bullet Pass/Loft Pass

This is a discussion on Bullet Pass/Loft Pass within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7
Bullet Pass/Loft Pass

Does anyone know if EA has fixed the QB Throw features. Maybe it was just me, but the way it is now (pressure sensitive) I find it hard to throw anything but a bullet pass or a jump ball. This seriously makes 80% of the wide receiver routes impossible to complete the way they are designed. Post routes, stop and gos, flag, etc. Its especially frustrating when you want to just drop the ball in between the linebacker and safety when your opponent is using cover 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 12:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Bullet Pass/Loft Pass

I completely agree. This has been a problem in the past
Old 08-05-2009, 01:42 AM   #3
DickDalewood

OVR:

Never had any problems throwing a bullet vs a lob. It's easy, firmly press for bullet, lightly tap for lob.

I don't see a problem.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Never had any problems throwing a bullet vs a lob. It's easy, firmly press for bullet, lightly tap for lob.

I don't see a problem.
I think he means throwing a pass that isn't really either, but somewhere in the middle.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:55 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraz3r0
I think he means throwing a pass that isn't really either, but somewhere in the middle.
i have no problem throwing in between. usually when i lob it i tap it lightly, for a lob i hold it down even after the ball is thrown, and in between i just press it down for a little longer than a lob. idk i have no problems doing it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 02:53 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 21

I know what he is talking about. Its going to become a issue when you start playing people. Its not as much a problem against the cpu.

There are gonna be times when you need to drop a pass over the LBs and under the safteys. You will notice the LBs take a LONG time to release their under coverage when a WR runs through their zone in the demo. By the time you can make the throw without having LB's warp/leap to deflect the ball, if you lob it, the ball travels TOO slow, giving the safteys time to cover a route they should not have had time to make a play on. If you try to mildly lob it, you cant seem to. its like the ball travels too low and the under coverage LBs jump up and swat the ball or intercept.

Some of you may not be noticing this problem now because you are playing a demo against the cpu. Wait till you start playing real people who know how to play the game and they are pressing your WR's and putting heat on your QB. Making these types od throws are gonna become crucial to your survival. Especially in light of the Dlines pass blocking abilties added to the mix.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:55 AM   #7
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6

This is probly one of the most annoying things about madden. Im going with the ps2 version this year just because passing the ball is realistic and easier to do. Dont get me wrong, this is a huge step up from 09, its easy to see that, but its still kinda broken.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:13 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

XBOX360 does not have pressure sensitive buttons IIRC.

So maybe thats why theres only lob and bullet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »