Home

Does sending guys down to AAA and bringing them back up really help?

This is a discussion on Does sending guys down to AAA and bringing them back up really help? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Does sending guys down to AAA and bringing them back up really help?

I can't do a thing with Derek Lowe...he's doing awful for me. If I send him down and bring him back up a week or two later will it actully help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Does sending guys down to AAA and bringing them back up really help?

No. I notice that they usually continue doing bad in the minors as well.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe. Perhaps he'll carve up the hitters down in the minors, causing his confidence to climb. There is a menu (which I keep forgetting is there) where you can see his feelings about things (playing time, contract, confidence, etc). I do wish you could get messages from your player when they are unhappy (like in MVP Baseball 2005). You should check the menu and see if anything is troubling him.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:49 AM   #4
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I've sent guys to the minors and they are lights out but when I bring them back up they still get hammered. In fact, this is just my 'chise but I have never seen it help someone by sending them down and bringing them back up.

For example, I play as the Phils in my franchise. Kyle Kendrick was pitching awesome in the minors. He was like 6-1 with a sub 2 ERA. I brought him up after an injury and he started 4 games and his ERA was over 7. He absolutely sucked. That was simming or playing as.

I send him back down and he doesn't pitch as good but he finishes the AAA season 10-1 with a 2.45 ERA. Since he is on my 40-man roster I put him in a long relief role to do mop up work. First game I put him in he gives up a Home Run, a walk and a base hit. A few games later when I am simming he gives up 4 runs in an inning. His ERA is over 9. I honestly don't know what to do with him.

So, IMO, I haven't seen it help sending someone down but only the devs can say if that kind of thing has some kind of impact on players psyche. I know that supposedly morale does effect them and there is one for League but if they are sent down if anything they should pitch worse maybe. Don't get it really.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:39 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21
Question Re: Does sending guys down to AAA and bringing them back up really help?

well, do hot and cold streaks transfer from minors to majors. because say C.C. or someone great is doing terrible, and gets a snowflake for a cold streak. Say you send him down to AA, and he kills. then he'll get a hot streak. If you call him up, will he still have a hot streak icon. Because if he did, then wouldn't that make him do better in theory. because the players are so streaky on here, when they get hot, they go on tears, so i could see this helping if used like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

IMO, yes it does have an effect and tends to help.

Case in point...I sent Jeremy Bonderman down to the minors in August due to him having a 5.50+ ERA and going 3 straight starts in which he pitched less than 4 innings, gave up a total of 17 runs in those 3 games, and was a complete mess.

I sent him down for about 3 weeks before calling him back up due to Adam Wainwright's season ending injury. He's come back up, pitched in 5 games and has a 4-0 record and has lowered his ERA from 5.50+ to 4.87 as of right now. He pitched 2 complete games in those 5 starts.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think it depends on the situation and the player. I sent Ryan
Franklin down after a couple months of struggling and when I brought him back up he was lights out until the playoff when he blew up again.

Countryboy, I think you roll with a Cardinals chise. I took Ridin's new roster, simmed through 2009, completed the off season and am playing 2010. I'm curios as to what moves you made. If you don't mind please PM me.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Well it's good to hear that guys can return and do well. Obviously my sample size was small with just Kendrick but the injury bug kind of sticks you sometimes and you are forced to bring guys back up you might not.

I will say this also. I have been in such a quandry as at who to bring up and send down that in the past I have dropped guys from my 40 man roster so that I could try someone else out and not once has a guy been picked up on waivers.

Has anyone seen someone they dropped from the 40 man get picked up waivers ? Just curious because last season I dropped Scott Eyre from the 40 man and he never got picked up but someone signed him in Free Agency. This season I dropped Jack Taschner and no one picked him up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »