Home

Roster Tools - Complete Suite now available

This is a discussion on Roster Tools - Complete Suite now available within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Roster Tools - Complete Suite now available

Latest Versions- BattingToolsV1p PitchingTools1g 2007 only.
LINK - Roster Tools Complete for Excel 2007
LINK - Roster Tools for 2003. v1g Batting, V1a Pitching are latest files. Thanks for GTM for helping me find the bugs.
LINK - Updated Excel Sheets, w/o the database download.
LINK - PitchFX database update 08/31/2009. Put in folder and overwrite old one.

So here they are, both batting and pitching. I wanted to get them out so people could update their rosters with the trade deadline now passed.

The version for Excel 2003 is *very* beta. I can't guarantee it to work. I suspect the batting tools have a much better chance of working because I used Visual Basic to program it almost entirely. If you have any problems with it, please PM me directly.

With both versions, you will have to allow macros to run for them to work. Also, both must be installed into c:\bball, not doing so will for sure cause the pitching tool not to work...batting probably doesn't matter.

I've tried to make sure they are as error free as possible, but if you come across any, please contact me and make sure you include not only the version you are using, but also the Player/Team/Year you used. There's a lot of sorting and stuff that goes on, and I've done my best to try lots of teams and players, but I'm sure there's stuff I didn't try that someone else will.

With the batter tools, there's one thing that may cause occasional problems. It has to do with the naming convention of players on Baseball-reference.com. Some players have similar names, so the website uses a 01, 02, 03 after the names. I've put in a routine that should warn you if there's a problem, and then you'll need to use the "Variation" drop box to get the correct stats. If there's any questions, please feel free to ask, I'll explain further.

And as always, I'm totally open to comments and discussion about ratings and the program. Feel the batting ratings aren't right? Let's discuss it. Got an idea for something you'd like to see? Let me know.

I'm pretty happy with the ratings with the exception of infield arm ratings. I tried to come up with something that works well, but that particular area is tough to do with stats. Also, ratings for the current year (2009) when it comes to arms and such might be off due to some rating not being available until the season is over. But just using it to update contact and power ratings work just fine.

Plans for future versions:
I want to put in a single player option where you can just type a name and get a players contact and power stats without having to load a whole team. I also want to give the option to rate the players based either on their career stats or on a weighted 3 year average (ie: for MLB 10's rosters).

Enjoy!

Last edited by Bahnzo; 09-01-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Roster Tools - Complete Suite now available

Any Team any Year, I get the following:

I have Excel 2003, XP

run time error '1004'
unable to open
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYM/2003.shtml. Cannot locate the Internet Server or proxy server.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 08-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #3

Bahnzo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm
Any Team any Year, I get the following:

I have Excel 2003, XP

run time error '1004'
unable to open
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYM/2003.shtml. Cannot locate the Internet Server or proxy server.
Sounds to me like your firewall is blocking excel.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

It started loading and I now get this message:

run-time error '438'.
Object doesn't support this property or method.

This was under batting rating getting Mets - 1973

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 08-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #5

Bahnzo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm
It started loading and I now get this message:

run-time error '438'.
Object doesn't support this property or method.

This was under batting rating getting Mets - 1973
Please...PM me instead with problems with 2003 version....like I said, I can't be sure it'll work in 2003.

Also, I found a small bug with the PitcherTool. I simply didn't sort the balls and strikes correctly for the last 3-4 pitchers..nothing big but needed fixed.

HERE is a link to the updated file only..no database, so it's a quick download. Other files are updated to reflect the new version.

Last edited by Bahnzo; 08-01-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great Tool. Works perfect.
One question- are you planning on a different version for batting pre 1954?
I know its hard to find the data, left/right splits etc.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #7

Bahnzo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnarg72
Great Tool. Works perfect.
One question- are you planning on a different version for batting pre 1954?
I know its hard to find the data, left/right splits etc.
I'm working on that, like you said, Play by Play data doesn't exist pre-1954, so a lot of what I do in the spreadsheet isn't possible. It's on my to-do list after some other things...it just depends on what kind of data is available.

Edit: Just looked at some data...with no left/right splits, how would people want that kind of info calculated? Just even up for both sides? or something like 60/40 depending on what side they bat from? (ie: Right hander is slightly less against RHP, slightly better against LHP)

Last edited by Bahnzo; 08-01-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ok i downloaded the files and everything looks awesome. Unfortunetly i dont have Excel at the moment
Anyways i downloaded Excel Viewer and was looking at the Braves examples on there. I plugged the ratings into The Show and the overalls looked pretty good. Just one question though, When it says Fastball 91/88/40 does the 91 mean the rating to give the guy or the speed of the pitch? i ask this because a 91 rating would make it a 97 MPH fastball and not everybody can throw that hard. And im not complaining but are all the control ratings accurate? i saw that Jurgens had an 88 control rating for his slider. That means he will throw that pitch for a strike almost every time.

All in all these ratings look really good. As soon as i get excel i will be using them i just wanted to clear some things up.

Thanks

Last edited by caldi06; 08-02-2009 at 09:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »