Home

MLB09 Save Reader Beta Version 0.8.3498.17806 Release

This is a discussion on MLB09 Save Reader Beta Version 0.8.3498.17806 Release within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
MLB09 Save Reader Beta Version 0.8.3498.17806 Release

Here's the second (beta) release of the MLB09 Save Reader. This is a pretty raw release... it's not had it's user interface cleaned up, it still doesn't export everything, the team pages aren't done, etc, but it's the first step to getting something out there. The first thing that this release will accomplish is to see how compatible it is with everyone's save files. I've done 95% of the testing on this release with a franchise save. It may not read anything else, then again, it might. It should work on a straight roster save. These files were all pre-patch, so hopefully they'll still be OK post-patch.

Here's a quickie tutorial on how to use it...

1. Get your save file off of your PS3. I use a flash drive. Hit triangle when you are on the save file and copy it over to the flash drive.
  2. Put it in your PC. Copy it over somewhere.
  3. Install the save reader. The Setup.exe should do all the work. I haven't tested it, though, so it may have problems (BETA!).
  4. You may need to have version 1.1 of the .NET Framework installed to run this program (2.0 may work as well, I'm not sure though). Get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
  5. If anyone gets it working either way, post and I'll update these instructions.
  6. Replace the exe file in the installation directory with the one in the zip file on post #19 below.
  7. Run it. Find the exe file in your installation directory.
  8. On the first run, it will prompt you for your save file. Now you have to find your PS3 save on your PC that you copied from your flash drive/memory stick/etc. There will probably be a PS3 folder and maybe another one inside that. Eventually, you will see a folder named something like BCUS98180_ and either FRAN, ROST, CARR (franchise, roster, and career) followed by a bunch of numbers. Your save file is in that folder. It starts with a "S" and a 5-digit number (like S45035). Select that file and click open and hopefully the Save Reader with start reading your data.
  9. This may take a minute or two. A franchise/season/RttS save is over 20 Mb in size, so unless you have a speedy PC with a bunch of memory, it will take a little time.
  10. Once it's done, the status will say "Save file loaded".
  11. The "Team Roster" and "Team Box Scores" buttons will generate those pages for whatever team you have selected in the second drop-down box.
  12. For player pages, select a player for the list, select the page type from the drop-down at the right, then click "Generate Output". You'll get the pages in the directory where you installed the save reader.
  13. Note: Player stats pages aren't built yet, so that option won't work. There also aren't any pitcher ratings (I don't even have them decoded from the file yet).
  14. No multiple selection of players yet... that's coming.
  15. Yes, there are some things that don't work or link correctly yet. (BETA!). For example, don't try to generate box scores for a roster file, it will blow up because they don't exist.
  16. I'll be including more error-handling and code to prevent you from doing things that you shouldn't in future releases.
  17. If something major doesn't work, let me know, otherwise... I'll fix it on the next release. I built this release package at work, so it may have to wait until I get home tonight for any updates if it's really broken. Bear with me on that.
  18. This thing is totally customizable as far as the output goes... have fun with it. Those web-savvy people should be able to figure it out.
  19. I'll post up my to-do list later to show what I'll be adding in next.
  20. Post any major issues in this thread and I'll try to get back to you in a timely fashion.
  21. Thanks for all your support and kind words.
- Rich

And now, version 0.8.3498.17806 of the MLB09 Save Reader....
Attached Files
File Type: zip MLB09SaveReader08349817806.zip (519.0 KB, 170 views)

Last edited by MVPSavReader; 08-03-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Added info on Beta v2 (see below)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: MLB09 Save Reader Beta Version 0.8.3498.17806 Release

Where do you find the output files?

Last edited by arsenal123gunners; 07-30-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Im going to give this a whirl now, ill get you some feedback.

LOL at the version no.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Rich, the whole thing seems to have be installed and be working correctly.

Kudos mate, love the ESPN type layout to view the stats, top work and i look forward to the modifications that will no doubt come.

edit: one thing i have noticed is that the hit totals for the players arent right, the avg and all other stats seem to be but the "H" column shows too few hits for everyone on the ESPN Player Home page. re: edit, figured it out, on the Player Home ONLY it shows the hits where runs should be and runs where hits should be, minor issue easily fixable

Last edited by PsychoBulk; 07-30-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Nice. I got it to generate output. Looking good! The baseball nerd in me is very excited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks for the input guys. I probably switched those two fields around when I rewrote the back-end processes. I'll get that fixed. It's good to see that it works for everyone now (I basically had to re-write everything from scratch that wrote or read data).

I'll try and get some more functionality build into it as quickly as possible. I'll let everyone play with it for a few days and then put out a new version with all the fixes up to that point. Have fun with it and don't be afraid to suggest things to add or improvements to make.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the output will be in the same folder that you installed the program to. I'll be changing that in the future to be user-customizable so you can put the files wherever you want.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

it might be my computer ,but its not working for me?? ive got the PS3 folder on my desktop , i have the file that begins with S right click it open with.... i find your program and select it but nothing happens?? maybe im doing something wrong but i dont think so. any help would be appreciated. this program sounds very promising hopefully i can get it to work!!! Good day to you all!!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo70
it might be my computer ,but its not working for me?? ive got the PS3 folder on my desktop , i have the file that begins with S right click it open with.... i find your program and select it but nothing happens?? maybe im doing something wrong but i dont think so. any help would be appreciated. this program sounds very promising hopefully i can get it to work!!! Good day to you all!!

Open the MLB09RosterReader.exe file first, then it will prompt you for your save file. Pick your S... file, then it will start reading it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »