Home

Is it possible M10 coding is screwed up?

This is a discussion on Is it possible M10 coding is screwed up? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Is it possible M10 coding is screwed up?

In this day and age, coding has become the way we live. Without codes, something can go wrong which leads us to unstable cars, bad video games, computers that don't last long and web sites with no oomph. I've found a small flaw in M10 that is possibly code related.

I set up a run play to the left. There are two TE's on each side to block. The defense is bringing in two linebackers on each side; opposite of my TE's. I’m looking at Pittsburgh's famous 3-4 defense. I'm really happy before the snap because I'm guaranteed around 5 yards if anything; possibly more judging by the defense's position. The ball is snapped and my TE on the right side get's the jump on the left end. I told myself another poor blocking animation until I reviewed the play in slow motion.

The linebacker paused for a split second which told my TE, "Go block someone coming in" which happens to be the left end. Now the left end is doubled teamed leaving the linebacker to bull rush my RB. As the QB hands the ball off to my RB, the linebacker is already in the backfield. We all know there's a handoff animation before you can control your RB. By the time I took control; the linebacker was in tackling animation.

what I found was the TE didn't know the linebacker was blitzing. If anything, the TE needs to hold his ground for a second before he jumps on a defender to double team. My tackle didn't have a problem blocking; there was no need to require help. Had the TE waited that second, he would block the linebacker and I wouldn't have been caught in the backfield. To me, that's poor coding. This sounds like a game breaking bug/glitch or whatever you want to call it. I've played around with sliders and I was actually running this play on 2 ticks run which meant EASY MODE. After producing it over and over; I decided there was something wrong with the code that can possibly be fixed.

Hopefully this problem doesn't persist in the final version. I could honestly say it will take the sim out of simulation. Would you want that to happen to your RB in the Super bowl on a game winning drive? Doesn't seem like real football to me. I still think the game has a lot of potential; but problems like this could cause M10 to play like its younger version Madden 09.

Last edited by Ankido; 07-27-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Is it possible M10 coding is screwed up?

M10 is a slightly enhanced version of 09. Kudos to the dev team for putting together an awesome presentation package and revamping of the visual side of the game. Protak and the defensive assist features are features that should only get better with each new release. Ultimately, and M10 loyalists are going to jump on me for saying this, but I think the reality is that, at it's core, we have a game not much different than last years.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is it possible M10 coding is screwed up?

From what I understand blocking logic is one of their priorities for 11. Until then, I expect things like this to pop up every once in a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »