Home

Why all the resentment?

This is a discussion on Why all the resentment? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Why all the resentment?

So is anyone satisfied with the demo? Before the demo came out, it seems like 9 out of 10 posts were showing excitement for the game, and now its the exact opposite. Everyone is finding something wrong with the game, whether its the run animations, pass/run blocking, the apparent return of the RC, etc..

It just seems like there's a lot of people who are saying that EA lied to us again, and there's the same issues in 10 that there were in 09.

I for one, am very satisfied with the demo. I am finding a few things wrong with it here and there, but I'm not going to start bashing until I play the final build.

I would like to thank Ian and the team for listening to us and putting out Madden that is finally sim-style. Thus far, I am very pleased with what I have seen, and it only adds to my anticipation for the actual release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Why all the resentment?

Love it. I kind of feel like I am playing 2k5 when I am playing the demo. Is anyone else feeling the same way? I mean, i haven't played 2k5 since the demo came out either.

― Plato
Old 07-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSafety20
So is anyone satisfied with the demo? Before the demo came out, it seems like 9 out of 10 posts were showing excitement for the game, and now its the exact opposite. Everyone is finding something wrong with the game, whether its the run animations, pass/run blocking, the apparent return of the RC, etc..

It just seems like there's a lot of people who are saying that EA lied to us again, and there's the same issues in 10 that there were in 09.

I for one, am very satisfied with the demo. I am finding a few things wrong with it here and there, but I'm not going to start bashing until I play the final build.

I would like to thank Ian and the team for listening to us and putting out Madden that is finally sim-style. Thus far, I am very pleased with what I have seen, and it only adds to my anticipation for the actual release.
9 out of 10 people do like demo. But the 1 out of 10 person who hates the demo, post 9 out of 10 times.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlord64
People who know football and how physics work hate the demo. Im not letting EA fool people again. 5 years of hell and counting. They still run like robots. Thats unacceptable. God I hate Monopolies
I play football, so I think I have an understanding how football works and I think this game represents it very good. Don't speak for thousands when those thousands don't need speaking for.

― Plato
Old 07-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
People who know football and how physics work hate the demo. Im not letting EA fool people again. 5 years of hell and counting. They still run like robots. Thats unacceptable. God I hate Monopolies
OK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Take your 7 posts and leave.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's really weird. I'm shocked people expected a drastic change.

It's a new team and they're taking a step forward for the better. Pro-Tak seems promising. The presentation is a huge upgrade over last year's bland-ness. lol. Also, the game does a great job of representing the fundamentals of football.

I dunno... I guess in a few years, we'll all be happy with the game fully.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Yea, the running game and running animations look a whole lot better in 2k8. I have 2k8 and 2k5 BTW. But Madden 10 has a pretty new team and I feel that this game feels like a brand new series really and I think it finally puts 2k5 down, or it has for me and its just the demo!

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »