Home

***Madden NFL 10 Demo Impressions Thread Version 2.0***

This is a discussion on ***Madden NFL 10 Demo Impressions Thread Version 2.0*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
***Madden NFL 10 Demo Impressions Thread Version 2.0***

In an effort to reduce clutter and make it easier to find what you are looking for. I will be closing the original impressions thread and starting Version 2.0.

Have at it gentlemen!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ***Madden NFL 10 Demo Impressions Thread Version 2.0***

Whew, thanks a lot for this lol...the other thread was getting ridiculous
Old 07-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5

Here are my impression brought over from the other thread:

Finally played the demo and I had fun. How I know that is simple. I got crushed both times. The game play has many nuances that will take some hard playing time to figure out. There were also some moments when the presentation drew me in. EX after a extra point or something the camera pans and you see the big truck with the camera it almost felt like I was there for a moment, BUT what ruined that feeling was how all the special teams players just appeared on the screen at once like they teleported to the kickoff line.LOL Can't wait until the real deal ships.

Well I have said that I find the demo is extremely fun. The are some moments in the game where I say to myself damn this game is unreal.

With that being said some of the things that bring me back to my living room per say they are not many but do damper the experience nonetheless.

First the over the shoulder catching is done poorly. I hope its not in the final build in the state it is in right now. The WR never really looks at the ball and the WR also looks like he is about to break his back while making that catch. LOL It also happens too often.

Second I hope that the dev's can tune the WR/DB interactions some more especially while the ball is in the air. They look wayyy better than last year but still are not very believable like some of the other aspects of the game.

Third the cut scenes are wonderful, but don't flow as good as they could. I also hope this is cleaned up before release.

I do like this game though and cannot wait until my Chises(plural) get started.

Last edited by unisol_us; 07-25-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by unisol_us

First the over the shoulder catching is done poorly. I hope its not in the final build in the state it is in right now. The WR never really looks at the ball and the WR also looks like he is about to break his back while making that catch. LOL It also happens too often.
Agreed. I love that they added the animation, but its played out too often(HB's in the flat) and its looks unnatural. I'm hoping its something that got tuned in the time between the demo to gold.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 20

Could have moved my thread here instead of closing it.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...1-16-long.html
Make sure to keep that Thank you Ian thread open though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Agreed. I love that they added the animation, but its played out too often(HB's in the flat) and its looks unnatural. I'm hoping its something that got tuned in the time between the demo to gold.
I wonder if they fixed that. You think if they saw that they would say "hey that doesn't look right" At least I hope they fixed it. If not that is cool too. I really like the way the game flow. And having the QB's real throwing animation are pretty sweet too.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I hope it gets tuned also. I like it but, do over done. I also hope that the WR/DB fighting for the ball in the air gets fixed. It's just way off. It doesn't look natural. You have both guys jumping in the air for the ball and then all of the sudden the DB hangs on his back and takes him down. I think everyone knows what I'm talking about. Maybe someone can make a vid. Sorry just kidding.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

The two other things that I have asked about in the other impressions forum(before they became buried) that I was curious to get feedback on were...

* CPU not kicking to the the coffin corner on punts. The cpu has always punted the ball right down the middle of the field, almost always resulting in a touchback unless they get a lucky bounce. This makes me wonder also if the cpu will kick away from dangerous punt returners(Devin Hester)

* Missed FG Attempt returns. These seem far too easy for the user to return to the house each time. I'm 3 for 3 on All-Madden difficulty level. I understand the kicking team isn't loaded with defensive talent, but they seem oblivious to the fact that I'm returning a missed FG attempt, until I'm parallel with the kicker and then its too late, especially since they take horrible angles.

Just curious if others are noticing these two things as well.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »