Home

End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide

This is a discussion on End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide

Guys, I've been wanting to post up a recruting how-to for a long while and never got around to it. I am consistently able to pull of 10 5 stars the first year with a ** University of Houston team and up to 20 ***** a year after that. recruiting is very repetitive and easy and it is basically the same this year. here are the steps.

1) Target the top 35 you want regardless of interest or caliber.

2) In week one quick call 11 players with 55 minutes and a scholarship offer.

3) advance to week 2

4) In week two look at the recruits you targeted in week 1; you should have been able to do 11 recruits. Out of those 11 anywhere from 1 to 5 of them will now have interest in your school.

IMPORTANT: at week 2 some prospects will be interested in visiting. get them in as quick as possible. A visit always boosts unless you lose.

5) delete all recruits that have A) been offered and B) do not have interest in your school

6) Focus on the 1 to 5 prospects that have showed interest and spend at least two hours with each doing the fillowing:

a) you must use find pitch to find 2 pitches you are going to use over and over again with this recruit. these should be at least high-b+ and in the best case a very high and a most with a b+ or above.

b) once you have found these two pitches you will start quickly tapping x on the first with hard sell (doesnt matter which pitch you choose first) the player will begin to be most happy.

c) AS SOON AS the player takes himself from most happy to just happy press O

d) start at the "b)" step above with the second pitch and repeat up to 3 times (both pitches through the complete process twice)

7) If you have time left over (which you absoloutely should not if you have 4-5 players interested {you should be spending 2.5 hours on each 5 star prospect}) repeat the quickcall and offer method but this time only use 35 minutes on each prospect

The thing most people dont realize is that the little green progress bar EA added this year is WORTHLESS!

It should take you 3-6 weeks to sign each prospect with this method, and you should have at least eight 5 star players heading into the offseason and up to 15.

OFFSEASON

this one is very easy.

Go find every prospect that has not built up interest in a school. You do this by r3 clicking on the prospect and seeing the progress bars. If they are all yellow add him regardless of his interest in your school.

Offer every single prospect the freaking moon. Im talking give him your best 3 promises you can give. (dont ever give the "will not recruit player" promise)

dont worry about pitching prospects week 1. just offer each ***** a scholly and promise him his hearts desire.

after the promises week, proceed as usual with the method above, focus on the top 4 prospects; sign them quick and then get to the others.

If you use this guide you will blow through recruiting with such ease you will feel as if you have cheated. Ive been holding this info back for a long time but so many are so perplexed that i thought id put it out there. If you have any questions post them. I will answer.

-JHAY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide

Very good guide for people having trouble with recruiting.

The only thing i disagree with is step two. You could offer 30 of your prospects a scholarship using quick call and it will work just as well (in going from not interested to interested) as spending 55 minutes on 11 guys, but you would get to a lot more players done, and weed out the uninterested ones a lot sooner.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just to let everyone know he is 100% correct. The reason i say to only do 11 with the 55 minutes is that the computer will weed out pitches for you in 55 minutes that would be 100 times as costly for you to use find pitch to weed out.

Using find pitch on a prospect kills interest roughly 5 times as fast as a hard sell "quick tap" The whole method here is to sign ~ 2 ***** every 3-5 weeks. You want to be hard selling your 2 pitches by week 2.

Also, most prospects will get interested on your board even if you completely ignore them. They will give you interest. That is why I do not value offering them all.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Good guidebut it's kind of meaningless since 4 stars and 3 stars end up being better than most 5 stars after a year
Old 07-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaythegreatest
Just to let everyone know he is 100% correct. The reason i say to only do 11 with the 55 minutes is that the computer will weed out pitches for you in 55 minutes that would be 100 times as costly for you to use find pitch to weed out.

Using find pitch on a prospect kills interest roughly 5 times as fast as a hard sell "quick tap" The whole method here is to sign ~ 2 ***** every 3-5 weeks. You want to be hard selling your 2 pitches by week 2.

Also, most prospects will get interested on your board even if you completely ignore them. They will give you interest. That is why I do not value offering them all.
Never thought of that, gonna have to try it out. Sometimes it does get overwhelming going after so many recruits at once. Dont the other recruits start losing interest in you and/or you fall lower on their list because you are ignoring them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have no doubt this method works well, but what I want to know is, how exactly does this make dynasty more fun?

I like taking a 1* or 2** school and gradually building them up year by year, little by little. I fail to see any challenge or enjoyment out of turning a ** school into a national powerhouse in one season. Which is what would happen if you have the top recruiting class with 8-15 (5*) recruits.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39

If I were to do this process, it would surely kill off the very small amount of fun dynasty is still able to provide.

This is essentially cheating & its lame for people who like a challenge instead of bucking the system.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #8
Rookie

So now recruiting players to your school is cheating?...I wonder why this game is only an ounce of fun for you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »