Home

Old 07-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Run Blocking

What the hell is going on here? I see the blockers doing the same if not worse ridiculous things as last year. I thought this was going to be addressed? I though Ian said they were working on it, and even had a blog about it. I feel lied to at this point.

As a NYG fan, if the running game is broken, then I really can't enjoy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Run Blocking

yeah running is my core as well. thats why i cant enjoy madden until they fix the run blocking and run defense also. for the people that love to pass will have a blast, probably the most fun they will ever have but the run blockin will game killers for some and will return madden to GS after 2 weeks into release
Old 07-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I just don't understand how they can just straight up lie and say they fixed it!

Also, no jump ball or true fade route in the passing game. Total letdown.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

The blocking in general is atrocious. Passing and running. It actually needs a complete overhaul. The logic or whatever you call it is mostly all wrong. They need to just put in basic man on man blocking logic and then just go from there.

The way it is now, you have blockers ignoring defenders that are right in front of them. Then you have running plays where the handoff leads you outside but they leave the playside DT unblocked. Just ridiculous stuff. They need to redo the whole thing imo
Old 07-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
Rookie

xDJ 77x's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm having a great time with the running game with Beanie. Use a little motion in the run game that has been working great for me. Last Game Beanie had 12 carries for 115 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Yes the OL blocking for passing and running is broken, as well as the tackling cpu tackling system. This is why I stated I was meh about the demo. I'm hoping this is an earlier E3 build.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

After playing the demo I think the passing is pretty good but not what I expected. NCAA 10 passing is a lot better. In NCAA 10, you can drop the ball where you want it. If the corner has the inside on the receiver, push right on the analog stick and pass the ball. It will put the ball on the right side of the receiver thus giving you a shut to adjust your route and make the catch. The problem with madded is that it's not there.

The running game is probably the hardest to play since everyone says have patience. I don't understand how patience will open up holes. The runner seems slow and he's always met in the backfield by a defender. The linemen are faster then the RB's so they catch up to me. I always use sprint off the line and it guarantees me 3 yards at best. I've tried motion even had daylight until a defender dove at me between two defenders. How is that possible? I have no idea.

Overall the game doesn't seem bad, but the demo is horrible. I hope the game itself is better then the demo which it always is. One thing that annoys me is the cut scenes. I just want to play the game I could care less for presentation on the field. If it's not like NFL25, I don't want to see it. Sometimes I mash the A button to hurry up the cut scene and accidentally pick a play I didn't want.

I also noticed there are far too many injuries and a lot of dropped balls. If you make a perfect catch, you are automatically hit and the ball is dropped. I understand that happens in football but not on every pass.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

i wish people stop saying that(not bashing u backbreaker) but this demo is a early build no doubt but i know this blocking will be in the final build. i know it cause i can feel it in my bones

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »