Home

Benched Injured players returning

This is a discussion on Benched Injured players returning within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3
Benched Injured players returning

I keep seeing this in my dynasty. After one of players gets injured a pop up comes asking to bench or play the injured player and no matter what i choose he comes back. Anybody else seeing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Rookie

big earl's Arena

Re: Benched Injured players returning

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd02
I keep seeing this in my dynasty. After one of players gets injured a pop up comes asking to bench or play the injured player and no matter what i choose he comes back. Anybody else seeing this?

same here...
Old 07-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

Yes. In the bugs thread, Adam addressed this. When their injury period of time runs out, they will automatically return, without the modified bonus risk of injury. So, if it says it is a short amount of time, bench him or play him, and you choose bench him, he may come back on the field after a few plays anyway.

One thing that I am not sure if it is working on, is if he is hurt for a quarter. I don't recall ever having the option to have a player injured for a quarter played or benched, it seems they are automatically benched.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

Ok thanks, did he say if they were working a fix into a second patch?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Again, there is nothing to patch. The guy comes back because his boo-boo is all better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWarcry
Again, there is nothing to patch. The guy comes back because his boo-boo is all better.
But why ask if you want to bench him if they're going to send him back in anyway in a few plays?

It makes the feature practically useless.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
But why ask if you want to bench him if they're going to send him back in anyway in a few plays?

It makes the feature practically useless.
It benches the guy for as long as his minor injury remains. For example, if a guy is out for 10 plays, you're given the option of playing him or bench him. If you play him, you get him back right away, but he'll have an increased chance of injury in those 10 plays.

But if you choose to bench him, he'll sit out those 10 plays, and then come back into the game when he's fully healthy again.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
It benches the guy for as long as his minor injury remains. For example, if a guy is out for 10 plays, you're given the option of playing him or bench him. If you play him, you get him back right away, but he'll have an increased chance of injury in those 10 plays.

But if you choose to bench him, he'll sit out those 10 plays, and then come back into the game when he's fully healthy again.
Yep. It is hard to notice this though, because often they come back in on the next play or two, but I have chosen "bench" and seen them out for the next 5 or 6 plays. That is where this is confusing to people, and to me at first, also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »