Home

NCAA 10 Season Showdown, or The Battle of Good (Dumb) and Evil (Smart)

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 Season Showdown, or The Battle of Good (Dumb) and Evil (Smart) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2009, 05:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NCAA 10 Season Showdown, or The Battle of Good (Dumb) and Evil (Smart)

Howdy all,

I have not posted in a while, but after getting NCAA 10 for my 360, I thought I'd pop in.

First of all, I am enjoying the game, and EA, I appreciate the effort, well the thought behind the Season Showdown. Very cool concept. Thank you. Now for the complaint.

Using The USF Bulls, I had a game against Western Kentucky.

I jumped out to a comfortable lead. 21-0 at halftime. All gravy.

In the third period, the cpu began stacking the line to stop my run. Very logical. They did. So calling a play action on 3rd and 11, I gain 12 yards and a first down. I also get a "Running up the score" warning.

So in the sense of fairplay, I go back to running the ball. The cpu stops me, I punt, and they march down the field and score.

21-7.

Next series, again the cpu stacks the line to stop my run game, so I bite the bullet and run again, on third down. They stop it and I punt.

Straight down the field the cpu goes for the TD.

21-14.

The next drive, on third and 14, I call a screen pass. Mike Ford catches the ball and fights for the first down...barely.

Keep in mind the score is 21-14. I get a 100 point deduction for "Running up the score".

At this point, I just sighed and went about my business trying to win the game.

If not for the points penalties for "Running up the score", it was a great game. I won 30-22.

If this is a programming error, if possible, please address this in a future *soon* /em fingers crossed* patch.

If it is working as intended, I don't think I'm gonna be getting into the whole showdown deal.

Anyway, again love the game, hate the penalties in the showdown.

Peace=)

/rant off=p
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 05:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 10 Season Showdown, or The Battle of Good (Dumb) and Evil (Smart)

That didnt happen.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I gotta agree on the Showdown penalities.

I've never had anything THIS bad, but when it is the 2nd quarter and I have to shut down my offense because I intercepted a ball for a TD and scored two legitimate TDs...that's just pathetic.

I understand "running up the score" but the way that the CPU enforces it is crazy. Way too strict and the penalties are over the top. I've gotten to the point of just ignoring it and knowing that me winning and having big plays will balance out vs the negatives of "running it up." A PA Pass to a TE to convert 3rd and 11 is completely legit. Sheesh.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

I gotta turn SS off when I play crap teams in my dynasty so I dont lose -50 everytime I throw the ball when I'm up. Also it takes 50 away if you do the option as well.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Howdy Ibrokeu,

You stated :"That didnt happen."

If this has never happened to you, I salute your good fortune.

With that being said, unless you are a 6 inch troll, living within my entertainment center watching my games, please refrain from telling me what did or did not happen in my game. If you are said 6 inch troll, look behind the tv please, I am missing a rechargeable AA battery.

Thank you,

Peace=)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »