Home

madden 10 hit stick

This is a discussion on madden 10 hit stick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
madden 10 hit stick

too much delay...it got worser than 09...im i the only one who is annoyed by that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: madden 10 hit stick

As of right now, I would take the hit-stick out of my game plan for Madden 10. It seems to be deflecting the runners more often then it takes them down. Dive tackle looks like the better option.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah its really hard to lay a good hard hit
Old 07-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've manged to lay a good hit or two using it, but I wouldn't rely on it. In past versions you could pretty much hit-stick every tackle.

Maybe it's a bit undertuned, but it's nice that it becomes a decision instead of just tackling the same way every time.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle ruckus
too much delay...it got worser than 09...im i the only one who is annoyed by that
Really? Come on now...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

No they finally fixed the hit stick. It's back to what it's suppose to be. Big risk for a big reward. If you notice last year hit sticks almost never caused fumbles. Now there is a very good chance that if you land a hit stick the player will fumble.

The hit stick is back to what it should have always been.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #7
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
I've manged to lay a good hit or two using it, but I wouldn't rely on it. In past versions you could pretty much hit-stick every tackle.

Maybe it's a bit undertuned, but it's nice that it becomes a decision instead of just tackling the same way every time.
QTF.

Spaming Hit Stick is not sim. There should be more of a draw back to the hitstick than we got in 09. Missing on hit stick was the only real draw back in 05 and that has been the same with the exception that your player could sometimes whiff the hit and the runner would only get knocked off balance and keep running.

If the timming is off, then it will just take more practice to get used to it, that's all. I haven't played the demo yet though, I am at work and started the download when I left this morning. I have my XBox settings set up so it will continue downloading things in the "background" even when I turn it off. this way I wont be wasting power by leaving it on all day, and risk overheating it or something... anyway, I look forward to playing it this afternoon. I only have the 1min quarters game I pre-ordered at Game Crazy back in April.

-If I go to game stop and pre-order for 360, will I get the code then, or what?-
Old 07-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
No they finally fixed the hit stick. It's back to what it's suppose to be. Big risk for a big reward. If you notice last year hit sticks almost never caused fumbles. Now there is a very good chance that if you land a hit stick the player will fumble.

The hit stick is back to what it should have always been.
Exactly. I 100% agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »