Home

What's the Best Way to Play Franchise?

This is a discussion on What's the Best Way to Play Franchise? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What's the Best Way to Play Franchise?

I love RTTS mode because I don't have to play every inning of every game of every season and can complete a season in about a week. My question is to franchise players. How do you play it if you don't want to play every game? Do you shorten the season? Do you simulate every other game or just play two games in the schedule a week? Just wondering because while I love RTTS, it isn't a complete representation of the game.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What's the Best Way to Play Franchise?

What I try to do, (it doesn't work well for me because I hate simming) is to play games with division rivals, good pitching matchups, etc, and sim the rest. If I could stop myself from playing a game just because, I would play maybe 1 or 2 games a week, as this would allow me to get through an entire season playing only 45 games or so. In reality, I play probably 4 games a week, meaning I end up playing around 90-100 games per season.

If you want to make it through more than 1 season, the more you can sim the better. I would just recommend saving after each series, and looking back at the box scores, transactions, etc, so you still feel like you're controlling your team. I've simmed 3 weeks at a time before, and felt like I didn't know who was contributing on my team, and who wasn't pulling their weight.

You have to put in a lot of time outside of playing the game to set ticket prices, determining what to spend money on, looking for trades, etc, so there is a lot more involvment than in RTTS. Obviously, it will take longer to get through a season than RTTS, but how long it takes is ultimately up to how many games you want to play, and how involved you want to get into the off the field choices.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

I play one game in every series... about 52 a year, then i add in one AAA game a month for the first five months and one AA game a month for the first five months.

I think its fun to play with prospects and see whos hot and who you can play with the best, and call them up to the show.

So I play 62 games a year per franchise. I have a franchise with the Pirates and Angels.

But for the MLB playoffs, I would play every game and I wont play any minor league games past august becuase Im worried about a playoff push and plus rosters expand to the 40 man roster so I play with the prospects against major league competition to see how the team will stack up in the years to come.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan2222
What I try to do, (it doesn't work well for me because I hate simming) is to play games with division rivals, good pitching matchups, etc, and sim the rest. If I could stop myself from playing a game just because, I would play maybe 1 or 2 games a week, as this would allow me to get through an entire season playing only 45 games or so. In reality, I play probably 4 games a week, meaning I end up playing around 90-100 games per season.

If you want to make it through more than 1 season, the more you can sim the better. I would just recommend saving after each series, and looking back at the box scores, transactions, etc, so you still feel like you're controlling your team. I've simmed 3 weeks at a time before, and felt like I didn't know who was contributing on my team, and who wasn't pulling their weight.

You have to put in a lot of time outside of playing the game to set ticket prices, determining what to spend money on, looking for trades, etc, so there is a lot more involvment than in RTTS. Obviously, it will take longer to get through a season than RTTS, but how long it takes is ultimately up to how many games you want to play, and how involved you want to get into the off the field choices.
yeah i have to agree, simming is a hit or miss. i really need to do it soemtimes so i can keep my franchise moving, there just isnt enough time for me to play every single game. but i try to play at least one game in every series so i can see all the stadiums and teams. i never sim more than two games in a row in this case, cuz i feel the same way. i feel less in control of my team.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

I play each division opponent 2 series each, 1 home 1 away. All other teams I play 1 series each, just like a NFL schedule but X 3. I sim the rest so it ends up being I play 69 games and sim 93 games. When I say sim I actually go into the game set my lineup and then fast forward to the end of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

I've been playing games by only batting. I sim the pitching.

Speeds things WAY up. I could play three games in a night, instead of one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »