Home

In my opinion...Tiger Woods 10 is the best out there

This is a discussion on In my opinion...Tiger Woods 10 is the best out there within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11
In my opinion...Tiger Woods 10 is the best out there

I bought NCAA 10, Fight Night Round 4 and I am anxiously awaiting the release of Madden 10....but in my opinion Tiger Woods 10 is by FAR the most fun sports game out right now. The ONLY thing I have against TW10 is the fact that to download a new course it costs $7.50, that's crazy.

There is just so many different things to do on TW10, so many different game modes. Me and my friends play TW10 almost every night on Tour Pro and I think that's what online gaming is about...

I guess the reason why I posted this is because I don't understand why it isn't getting anymore love than what it is...Tiger Woods 10 is an amazing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: In my opinion...Tiger Woods 10 is the best out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddyGotGrillz
I guess the reason why I posted this is because I don't understand why it isn't getting anymore love than what it is...Tiger Woods 10 is an amazing game.
TW 10 has gotten a huge amount of positive feedback around here. There are issues with Career mode that many have pointed out, but other than that and complaints about locked content, all very positive as I said.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
TW 10 has gotten a huge amount of positive feedback around here. There are issues with Career mode that many have pointed out, but other than that and complaints about locked content, all very positive as I said.
Cool...while that may be true, there are only usually 3 people at a time in the "golf" forum at OS. There just doesn't seem to be a "buzz" about the game like there is for football/basketball/baseball games.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
Banned

There was a ton of buzz when it came out. Things have died down since then. Plus I'd say golf gamers keep to themselves more, the way golfers in real life do.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Tiger Woods 10 is an amazing game.
I agree there are aspects that are pretty amazing. I'm really impressed with the club tuner for example. One of the best features ever in a golf game, or in any video sports game, period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
Rookie

KiNgQ's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I bought NCAA 10, Fight Night Round 4 and I am anxiously awaiting the release of Madden 10....but in my opinion Tiger Woods 10 is by FAR the most fun sports game out right now. The ONLY thing I have against TW10 is the fact that to download a new course it costs $7.50, that's crazy.
I have all of those games too and I totally agree.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNgQ
I have all of those games too and I totally agree.
Nice! It just seems like it's more fair and balanced in terms of gameplay. Me and a friend can play one day and be neck and neck up to the 18th hole, and then on some days I'll beat him by 5 or 6 strokes...then the next round he'll do the same to me.

I think Tiger Woods 10 is what an online game should be like. With the exception of the ridiculous scores posted for 18 holes of golf, its pretty much perfect in my opinion. There are just so many cool thing you can do online. You don't have to hear 14 year old gangsta wannabes rapping and talk shiiii all day, you can still compete without the garbage...however, if you want to compete against that 15 year old you can do that too.

I appreciate all of your input...Like I mentioned, it always seems like this forum is dead, and this is an amazing game so it's kinda weird to not hear any real buzz you you do with NCAA/Madden. I love football, I had NCAA a week early this year...but I just keep going back to TW because it's just so much fun.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

yes its absolutely amazing.... if you believe that the scoring average for the pga tour is 57.4 per 18 holes... in the games defense its presentation is nice.. but as far as any "realism" it is trash... i just lost the final challenge on torrey pines to a tiger woods that shot 15 under to beat a 14 under rocco mediate.. i just happened to watch that play off... i seem to remember the torrey pines scoring record held intack at the end of the day.. a far cry from what i have seen in this game.

sorry to have to be the negative one here... but after about 30 tries to beat this challenge and seeing tiger routinely shoot scores in the 50's i gotta call a spade a spade...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »