Home

Starting point...

This is a discussion on Starting point... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Starting point...

I don't want you guys to go through to much trouble but I just picked up this game, and seeing there are no stickies here, I wonder if you can point toward the best threads to get a better grasp of this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Starting point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
I don't want you guys to go through to much trouble but I just picked up this game, and seeing there are no stickies here, I wonder if you can point toward the best threads to get a better grasp of this game.

It all really depends on how difficult you want youre experience to be. I personally don't read any thread that contain spoliers in them cuz that just takes the fun out of it. I also, when playing, put the game on mute unless Im in game(where I supersim btw). But I mute it that way I dont have to listen to Adam Scheffler ramble on about draft prospects. I also set it to where the CPU scouts for me.

Like, I won't see a name in the draft until draft day, and whatever is scouted is all I got to go by when I draft a player. Makes it much more challenging, cuz if you scout on ur own its really too easy to get star players, and especially if you're reading these boards.

Honestly, I'd advise staying away from the boards period if I were you. It's pretty much what I've decided to do, cuz ppl give out too much info, even with just the title of the thread.

Just play around with the game. Start a season with a team to get the hang out it first. And to make it more challenging, I started my season with the Panthers after the 2008 draft, so I didnt re-do the draft like most ppl do. The game is great if you allow it to be. It's not very fun and you can lose interest if you read all the spoilers, and scout only players that are compared to great NFL players.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

There are "House Rules" that a lot of us use to make the game more challeging. You could do a search for them. Also, get yourself a good set of sliders. If you don't, you'll hate this game.

Don't buy "Special Skill" for your coaches. It makes your team too powerful.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
There are "House Rules" that a lot of us use to make the game more challeging. You could do a search for them. Also, get yourself a good set of sliders. If you don't, you'll hate this game.

Don't buy "Special Skill" for your coaches. It makes your team too powerful.

I like that idea of not buying special skills for my coaches. I'll add that to the list of house rules I already have.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
It all really depends on how difficult you want youre experience to be. I personally don't read any thread that contain spoliers in them cuz that just takes the fun out of it. I also, when playing, put the game on mute unless Im in game(where I supersim btw). But I mute it that way I dont have to listen to Adam Scheffler ramble on about draft prospects. I also set it to where the CPU scouts for me.

Like, I won't see a name in the draft until draft day, and whatever is scouted is all I got to go by when I draft a player. Makes it much more challenging, cuz if you scout on ur own its really too easy to get star players, and especially if you're reading these boards.

Honestly, I'd advise staying away from the boards period if I were you. It's pretty much what I've decided to do, cuz ppl give out too much info, even with just the title of the thread.

Just play around with the game. Start a season with a team to get the hang out it first. And to make it more challenging, I started my season with the Panthers after the 2008 draft, so I didnt re-do the draft like most ppl do. The game is great if you allow it to be. It's not very fun and you can lose interest if you read all the spoilers, and scout only players that are compared to great NFL players.
how do you set the cpu to scout for you? i always thought that dismissing just meant that you skip the event alltogether
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »