Home

Running out of shotgun/single back

This is a discussion on Running out of shotgun/single back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Running out of shotgun/single back

First let me preface this post by saying that I think 10>09 and that I think there were some great improvements in the gameplay. Also, this is specifically in regards to online ranked play...I have not played the CPU nor do I have an interest to do so.

However, I was wondering what people think about running out of single back formations under center and in shotgun formations. Is it just me or is it practically impossible to get a running game going?

Even when my opponent doesn't guess and a hole opens up and I think I have a chance to break a run it closes in a hurry and I only get 2-3 yards.

Anyone else feeling this? Do I need to be aggressive in my blocks and risk the holding/clipping penalties? Or is this just the way this years game is going to be?

Either way, I can deal with it. I am just wondering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Rookie

thesandman215's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Running out of shotgun/single back

i'm having a tough job running out of shotgun with my half back, but i'm not blaming that on the game, it could very well just be me.

i'm more of an old school type player/team where you just pound away running the ball, but I thought I'd give it a shot out of shot gun.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman215
i'm having a tough job running out of shotgun with my half back, but i'm not blaming that on the game, it could very well just be me.

i'm more of an old school type player/team where you just pound away running the ball, but I thought I'd give it a shot out of shot gun.
Yeah, me too. I'm not complaining, just wondering if it's me or the game...or if it's something I'm not doing right. Overall I know it's harder, it's just that one back and shotgun seem even harder than following behind a fullback.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
Rookie

I've only played one game, but I'm running out of singleback pretty well. Shotgun is pretty difficult, though.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
Rookie

*Can't run to save my life, of course I could never really get anything going last year. I've tried to stiff arm, truck and everything is a no go. My biggest run is 7yds to date with Houston using SMU's playbook.

*Online play only
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
Rookie

thesandman215's Arena

i can run out of single back realistically. I get stuffed some, get some short gains, some big gains, so it is pretty realistic for me at least.

the shotgun i am still learning though.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

yeah i agree about running out the shotgun is a bit tough buti think it just a learning curve, we just need to keep practicing and give it some time. now running from under center is a blast! omg i love how the holes open up im avg about 230-245 rushingagainst the ai (heisman and AA respectfully) and abou 180-195 against online guys, now if only i could return a punt lol
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 07-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #8
Rookie

I mostly play unranked online games so I dunno if there is any difference in gameplay, but I find the running game from under center formations to be a lot easier than out of the shotgun. I have had fairly good success with the "HB Sweep" play, and speed options out of trips formations. Have you been using slide protect? It helps sometimes. Also, try to lay off the turbo in this game when running between tackles. I play on AA. Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »