Home

What are the chances we get Be A Pro

This is a discussion on What are the chances we get Be A Pro within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
What are the chances we get Be A Pro

.... For real this time!!

Even if you can't create someone how awesome would a full out be a pro mode be. If they announce it I might have a heart attack before release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What are the chances we get Be A Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
.... For real this time!!

Even if you can't create someone how awesome would a full out be a pro mode be. If they announce it I might have a heart attack before release.
that would be maaaad dope get drafted do interviews get traded all the **** that happens in real 2 kinda like nba 09 the show
Old 07-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Part of me thinks if we havnt heard any whispers about it now we wont get it. On the other hand theres still nearly 2 and half month before release so there is still a chance. I just think if it can be done half as good as MLB the show did it, I would buy the game without ANY hesitation.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

Tell you the truth I don't think that was their focus this year. I think they are trying to make it as realistic as possible without add any new features. I think this has a chance of getting in the game next year.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
Rookie

GRJoker's Arena

OVR: 1

I have been wondering why they have never put this game play before, this is the one game you figure something like this would be good for
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Tell you the truth I don't think that was their focus this year. I think they are trying to make it as realistic as possible without add any new features. I think this has a chance of getting in the game next year.
And that's a good thing. I would rather they focus on getting the core gameplay back up to par and then worrying about gimmick features. No point in having a Be a Pro mode if the core mechanics of a basketball game aren't great.

Besides, I prefer playing with real teams and real rosters. I don't actually ever use features like Be a Pro or fantasy drafts/franchises.

I prefer playing as Sim as possible
Old 07-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I hope so. The 5 on 5 in NHL 09 was pretty poor but the Be A Pro was spectacular. I want the whole first person view,watching from the bench,getting to see the half time locker room speech and all that stuff. Don't even need to make a full season out of it,can do something like The Bigs.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

As long as they really improve team play online, I don't care if we get BAP in Live 2010. The concept is very cool, but really, you can accomplish most of it (minus the performance grading aspect) with a simple player lock and focus on other elements. Team play is more rewarding than BAP against the CPU anyway...

It sounds like you're talking more about Superstar Mode, which I agree has the most potential for an NBA game. I really don't think we'll get that when they're focusing on gameplay improvements and just getting the basics right. Those modes take a lot of effort to put together (especially if they have storyline type elements) and I'd much rather them spend the time to get the gameplay right before worrying about adding a labor-intensive mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »