Home

PAC 10 Schedules are STILL Broken in Dynasty

This is a discussion on PAC 10 Schedules are STILL Broken in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
PAC 10 Schedules are STILL Broken in Dynasty

This was SPECIFICALLY said to have been fixed.

It's an easy schedule to produce. Seriously. There is no way to screw this thing up. If you play one team at home this year, it's a road game the next year. If you play Arizona at home, you play Arizona State on the road. ALWAYS. You don't have them both on the road or both at home...EVER. Next season, Arizona State is home, Arizona on the road. EASY.

Season 1. Oregon State plays UCLA at home. Season 2...I have UCLA at home again. Season 1 Oregon State plays Arizona at home. Season 2...I have Arizona at home again. Season 1, Oregon State is @ USC. Season 2....same. Repeat with Washington, Washington State, Stanford, Cal, Oregon. That's the whole conference in case no one noticed. Season 2 conference schedules are IDENTICAL to Season 1.

The second problem with dynasty schedules is these ABSURD non-conference games in Week 15. There are almost never OOC games in December except for the in-state rivals like Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and whoever plays Notre Dame. This is beyond annoying. I can fix mine, but I'm so very tired of these dumb Michigan State @ Western Kentucky Week 15 games.

I don't have time to go sim to Season 3 right now, but this is absurd. Oregon State's schedule has been broken on this game last year, and on 06, 07 and 08 on the old XBOX.

How this has been broken for half a decade when I go on this rant every year is baffling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: PAC 10 Schedules are STILL Broken in Dynasty

This is disappointing. The round robbin is probably the best schedule in CFB. It was even said to be fixed which is more disappointing. I can't say I'm surprised though that EA lied, again...
Old 07-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

that SUCKS!!! Looks like no Oregon State dynasty for me again this year.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

i was in a sim dynasty with ucla and i was wondering why i was playing osu at home again.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

That's disappointing to know. I was planning on using Washington in my dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #6
Rookie

whoakedi's Arena

OVR: 1

This is crap! I rolled with OSU last year in an online dynasty with my friends and noticed this. We were planning on doing our online dynasty again with the pac-10 but we will now reconsider based on the facts that you have just raised. EA is really starting to piss me off with this year's game. First the roster fubar then this But as mad as they make me, I will still purchase the game each year b/c its the only thing out there that simiulates the greatness of college football. SAD!
Old 07-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

This sort of thing does happen occasionally in RL. Oregon played @ Washington state three times in a row from 2004-2006. Oregon also played @ Arizona three years in a row from 2001-2003. Of course in RL it's probably due to the complex nature of travel plans and coordination of many teams. One would like to think in a video game a more perfect schedule could be achieved.

I would be more concerned about the conferences that don't play round robin (Big 12, SEC, etc) rotating conference foes properly and hoping home/away falls into place.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingDuk
This sort of thing does happen occasionally in RL. Oregon played @ Washington state three times in a row from 2004-2006. Oregon also played @ Arizona three years in a row from 2001-2003. Of course in RL it's probably due to the complex nature of travel plans and coordination of many teams. One would like to think in a video game a more perfect schedule could be achieved.

I would be more concerned about the conferences that don't play round robin (Big 12, SEC, etc) rotating conference foes properly and hoping home/away falls into place.
That 3 year in a row stuff is old. That was the 8 game schedule. I remember that stuff happening. I had Arizona season tickets a while back, and I went to see Washington State 3 years in a row and didn't see Washington for 3 years. Doesn't happen anymore. The PAC 10 schedule is easy now. There's no more randomness.

I do now realize that they did fix the Arizona State-Oregon State. Oregon State is my team and I want to use them...and the Arizona State game has been broken forever. From the looks of it, they fixed that game...and broken EVERY single other game.

Simming Season 2 now...to see what mess Season 3 has in store for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »