Home

***Phillyfan23's HEISMAN sliders***

This is a discussion on ***Phillyfan23's HEISMAN sliders*** within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2009, 05:35 AM   #1
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
***Phillyfan23's HEISMAN sliders***

Post-Patch Heisman Sliders

HUM/CPU

Offense

QB Accuracy 5/5
pass block 40/15
WR catch 50/50
RB ability 50/50
Run block 40/40

Defense

Pass Coverage 35/35
Pass Rush 75/75
Interceptions 20/20
Rush Defense 25/50
Tackling 45/45

Special Teams

FG power 0/0 (thanks to a2tarheel)
Fg Accuracy 30/50
Punt Power 50/50
Punt accuracy 50/90
Kickoff Power 45/60

Penalties

offsides 75
False Start 75
Holding 55
Facemask 50
OFF P.I 60
DEF P.I 100
Kr/Pr Interference 60
Clipping 50
Intentional grounding 60
rough passer 50
rough kicker 60

this is default heisman in a way because the points are allocated equally. I helped out my pass rush by 25 points, and reduced my rush defense by 25 to even the field. This set has given me great games.....lost a nail biter to PSU as Michigan 24-29, then blew out Iowa with Nebraska 41-13 and then was held to 17-3 by Purdue when playing as Michigan State.

I also put accuracy way down so a lot of incompletions are due to mis-throws, and to balance that I lowered coverage to 35 each. This reduces the amount of tipped passes and also the tendency for the CBs ( both CPu and cpu-human) to unrealistically stick with the receivers as shown by a video in these forums. In real life most completions are NOT due to tipped passes, so I tried to recreate that in these sliders.

Give it a try...

(changes in bold )

EDIT: i have used a slightly different slider set than the one posted above for my dynasty settings. To those like me who want even a higher challenge in the running game....put human rush defense at 0 and cpu rush defense at 75 and human run block at 25. If you think the running game for both sides in the games you play are fine, don't change a thing because the dreaded slideritis might get you. Just play and have fun.....

Last edited by phillyfan23; 07-26-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: ***Phillyfan23's HEISMAN sliders***

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
HUM/CPU

Offense

QB Accuracy 5/5
pass block 40/15
WR catch 50/50
RB ability 50/50
Run block 40/40

Defense

Pass Coverage 35/35
Pass Rush 75/75
Interceptions 20/20
Rush Defense 25/50
Tackling 45/45

Special Teams

FG power 30/30
Fg Accuracy 50/50
Punt Power 50/50
Punt accuracy 50/60
Kickoff Power 45/60

Penalties

offsides 75
False Start 75
Holding 50
Facemask 50
OFF P.I 60
DEF P.I 60
Kr/Pr Interference 60
Clipping 50
Intentional grounding 60
rough passer 50
rough kicker 60

this is default heisman in a way because the points are allocated equally. I helped out my pass rush by 25 points, and reduced my rush defense by 25 to even the field. This set has given me great games.....lost a nail biter to PSU as Michigan 24-29, then blew out Iowa with Nebraska 41-13 and then was held to 17-3 by Purdue when playing as Michigan State.

I also put accuracy way down so a lot of incompletions are due to mis-throws, and to balance that I lowered coverage to 35 each. This reduces the amount of tipped passes. In real life most completions are NOT due to tipped passes, so I tried to recreate that in these sliders.

Give it a try...

I'm going to try your idea out with the qb acc lowered(I dunno about 5 tho). And then lower pass coverage to compensate, cuz you're right, most incompletions aren't due to tipped or swatted balls. What has been your completion % in those games? It should be around 50-60% imo, at most up to 65% for a game with a good qb.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
I'm going to try your idea out with the qb acc lowered(I dunno about 5 tho). And then lower pass coverage to compensate, cuz you're right, most incompletions aren't due to tipped or swatted balls. What has been your completion % in those games? It should be around 50-60% imo, at most up to 65% for a game with a good qb.
just by going by the last 2 games I played eh:

20-0 win with nebraska at Tex A&M my qb was 14-21 2 td 0 int
cpu was 15/31 0 td 1 int

next game 35-13 loss to ohio state at home me using nebraska

i was 17/31 1 td, 3 int
ohio state was 18/25 2 td 1 int

I balanced out the qb acc with pass coverage lowered to 35 on both sides, that's why the completions are there. With default pass coverage and this accuracy, both teams woud struggle. the lowered pass coverage also alleviates the CBs breaking at the same time as the WRs on out and curl routes that was shown via video in the forum.

I don't think QB acc 5 will work on ANY setting at AA for the cpu, but because the QBs are obviously better on heisman initially, it had to be drastic. I'm sure for the user qb acc at 5 on AA will work since it's working for me on Heisman and I'm no joe montana on the sticks hehe....

With qb acc at 5, now i see enough overthrows, dropped passes, balls jarred loose when hit and the tipped balls. Before the patch arrived, 80 percent of incompletions were due to tipped passes.

Last edited by phillyfan23; 07-17-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just wondering, do you use the aggressive d-line gameplan option to get pressure or leave it at normal all game? I figure this could have a pretty decent impact on the pass rush/run d against the cpu that could affect the way the sliders play out.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman
Just wondering, do you use the aggressive d-line gameplan option to get pressure or leave it at normal all game? I figure this could have a pretty decent impact on the pass rush/run d against the cpu that could affect the way the sliders play out.
yes i use aggresive d-line all game along. helps with pass rush quite a bit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just finished up my first game with these and it played out really well. Overall great sliders and I plan on using them for the foreseeable future. My only changes were that I bumped up my QB accuracy to 25 and dropped the CPU rush defense to 25. I lost as Michigan in Michigan State 16-7 on 6 min qtrs. Some notable CPU stats below:

MSU's QBs (starter got knocked out in the 2nd) combined for 11/17 183 yds 0 tds 0 ints 3 sacks. Of the 6 incompletions only 1 was a dropped pass and no pass deflections which was exactly what I was hoping for.

HB #20 for MSU put up 118 yds on 27 carries for a 4.3 average which was also great to see. I was a bit concerned about the aggressive d-line gameplan ruining the CPU's ability to run the ball but apparently i had nothing to worry about haha. Anyway, thanks a bunch for posting these Phillyfan they worked out really well for me.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4

I may try these out today.....anyone else play any games with these? Stats...??
Old 07-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love these sliders as a base set for me. The CPU is too dumb on AA in my opinion, I made a few minor tweaks to these and I think I'm set!!
NHL-Chicago Blackhawks
NBA-Sucks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »