Home

Did E.A over do it with the ratings overhaul?

This is a discussion on Did E.A over do it with the ratings overhaul? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Cool Did E.A over do it with the ratings overhaul?

I've been kind of going through the ratings lately and there are at least 3 or more players from each team that have gotten royally screwed.

Does Phillip Rivers really have 81THP?... doesn't Chad Pennington have like 81ishTHP?.. didn't Phillip throw for more yards then darn near every other Q.B in the league last year How can a live arm Q.B get such a crap rating?

How about Steve Slaton at 92Spd. Seriously?

How about Dwight Freeney being as fast as Reggie Wayne.

I can go on and on.

E.A must come up with a new way of making players good without just jacking their speed.

I hope that maybe E.A can take a look through the rosters again at some point. Maybe the first update and get some of these things straightened out.

Some of these ratings are just outrageous
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Did E.A over do it with the ratings overhaul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny_JezzY
Does Phillip Rivers really have 81THP?... doesn't Chad Pennington have like 81ishTHP?.. didn't Phillip throw for more yards then darn near every other Q.B in the league last year How can a live arm Q.B get such a crap rating?
How does yards thrown equate to throwing power?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Pennington has a 75THP.

As for Rivers, I believe his accuracy is in the high 90's.

I think we should wait and see how these ratings effect the realism of gameplay before we start bashing them.

Don't feel bad, I'm a Bears fan and have nothing on my roster that remotely resembles a starting WR on the current roster ratings.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo72
Pennington has a 75THP.

As for Rivers, I believe his accuracy is in the high 90's.

I think we should wait and see how these ratings effect the realism of gameplay before we start bashing them.

Don't feel bad, I'm a Bears fan and have nothing on my roster that remotely resembles a starting WR on the current roster ratings.
That's the big thing. It really just depends on how it conveys on the field. It's really just conjecture at this point. Until we see how it plays out, it's impossible to tell...one way or the other.

For a quick example, one of the best updated rosters in 2K5 has most defenses rated ridiculously high...but it balances out quite well in-game.

The more important thing will be there overall effect, IMO. Once you know if the ratings function correctly in relationship with eachother, it should be much easier to determine if the spreads are correct.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Dwight Freeney is pretty freaking fast. Probably very close to Wayne with pads on.

Rivers is a top 10 QB in madden. He doesnt have a rocket arm so I dont see what the complaint is. He is deadly accurate though.

And I thought you were talking about jacking speed to make them better.

There needs to be a new way to rate players all together, but thats another long thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Reggie Wayne is kinda slow while Dwight Freeney is pretty fast.

Didn't Freeney run like a 4.3 40 yard dash? He should have a higher speed rating that reggie wayne.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

thing is, its not like they just wiped the slate clean and plugged in new ratings. The ratings are different. so an 85 thp might be equivalent to a 90 thp from the ratings last year.

we wont really know how these rating are until we play the game. I too look at some ratings and say wtf, but we will see aug 14th how they actually play.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I definitely hear you guys are far as (Lets wait and see how the game is before we go on a tirade)

However, the long bomb is back. With the ratings getting a makeover the long bombs will be back. I'm thinking how it was in the old Xbox and Ps2 days. Obviously this is pure hypothetical.

However. I'm not saying that Phillip deserves a 99thp but 81? I just think thats a bit much.

Dwight Freeney is fast no ones denying that but he's not a fast as Reggie Wayne. I'm alittle tired of D lineman with 85 speed or more.

Steve Slaton at 92SPD?

Quote:
How does yards thrown equate to throwing power?
Typically a guy that throws for huge yardage typically has a pretty strong arm. 81 doesn't resemble a moderately strong arm in madden.

The point I was trying to make is before people start to nit pick is... There are a ton of players who's ratings don't suit them.

Last edited by Ny_JezzY; 07-16-2009 at 04:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »