Home

Petition for accelerated clock mode on at all times

This is a discussion on Petition for accelerated clock mode on at all times within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Petition for accelerated clock mode on at all times

I know there are alot of us, like me that love the chew clock mode in the game. There is a major flaw in it however, and that is that it's not on when the cpu has the ball. This gives the user a ton of TOP over the cpu, which is unrealistic.

Since it is the way it is, I haven't used the chew clock mode unless Its late in the 2nd and trying to score without giving opponent much time on the clock(which cpu doesn't do). or 4th, and I'm leading the game.

I've seen the cpu use it, but its only late late in teh 2nd, or late in the 4th when up big. I was down 34-6 last night by midway 3rd qtr! And they cpu didn't use it???

So, I'm creating this thread, hoping that patch #2 cures this. What I would like to see is have a full accelerated clock on at all times. Or at least have the chew clock feature be able to turn on at all times(even when cpu has the ball). Also, don't make the playclock magically jump from 35 or 36 sec to 25sec without the gameclock going down with it. I don't mind it going down to 25, but have theo game clock go down with it as well.

As it is now it's pretty useless to use at all times unless you want to sku the TOP stat in your favor every single game, which is not realistic. So please please pleaseeee address this in patch #2 (gameplay patch) Thanks!

Last edited by DarthRambo; 07-16-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Petition for accelerated clock mode on at all times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
I know there are alot of us, like me that love the chew clock mode in the game. There is a major flaw in it however, and that is that it's not on when the cpu has the ball. This gives the user a ton of TOP over the cpu, which is unrealistic.

Since it is the way it is, I haven't used the chew clock mode unless Its late in the 2nd and trying to score without giving opponent much time on the clock(which cpu doesn't do). or 4th, and I'm leading the game.

I've seen the cpu use it, but its only late late in teh 2nd, or late in the 4th when up big. I was down 34-6 last night by midway 3rd qtr! And they cpu didn't use it???

So, I'm creating this thread, hoping that patch #2 cures this. What I would like to see is exactly what Madden has Which is accelerated clock is on at all times unless its in like the last 2:30 of the 2nd qtr, and 5min of the 4th qtr. As it is now it's pretty useless to use at all times unless you want to sku the TOP stat in your favor every single game, which is not realistic. So please please pleaseeee address this in patch #2 (gameplay patch) Thanks!
st i do agree with this somewhat however i do not think it should stop acc clockwith 2 min and 5 min left I would love to see this in patch 2 so it becomes a true acc clock but keep the on and off buttons for it.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
Rookie

VoltronViking's Arena

i 2nd that
Old 07-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
Rookie

Frythatchicken's Arena

OVR: 8

got my vote;;; allows you to play offline games vs computer the way they are intended to be played in terms of stats... i have been going with 15 min qt and even with only human chew clock, i have been able to get some pretty realistic stats. imagine if it was patched, i would be in sim glory. 15min qut really gives you the opportunity to experince the computer ai at its best... u see everything the ai has to offer, esp. now since we have the patch for sliders.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwrite7
got my vote;;; allows you to play offline games vs computer the way they are intended to be played in terms of stats... i have been going with 15 min qt and even with only human chew clock, i have been able to get some pretty realistic stats. imagine if it was patched, i would be in sim glory. 15min qut really gives you the opportunity to experince the computer ai at its best... u see everything the ai has to offer, esp. now since we have the patch for sliders.
yes i too play nothing but 15 min qrts and have been the past 2 years i so wish they will give us this cpu chew clock in a patch just like madden did last year. if they did this for us and then with the sliders they fix i would write a strongly worded letter that says the dev of this game need a raise!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
Rookie

starship's Arena

OVR: 4

Ditto all the above.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starship
Ditto all the above.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #8
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Absolutely. I have been asking for an accelerated clock for years. It would be great if they could patch that in to 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »