Home

Let's stick together on this.

This is a discussion on Let's stick together on this. within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Rookie

egkb2753's Arena

OVR: 3
Let's stick together on this.

I wouldn't call myself a regular on these forums, but I have been visiting on and off for the past couple of years. I usually tend to post more when the annual version of NCAA is on the precipice of being released and this year is no different.

While I do not know any of you, I know that the members on these boards are some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated gamers out there. I see a lot of passion and love for the game throughout the forums and it is refreshing to see people who love football (virtual and real life) as much as I do.

With all of that said, it saddens me to see how upset everyone has become, but it is completely justified. I don't know what happened this year with NCAA 10, but something went wrong. I'm not here to point fingers or assign blame, or start flaming the entire development team (even though I really want to) but something clearly went awry with this game.

Now that we all know that the rosters are inaccurate, let's do one thing as a community: MOVE ON. It won't do any good to just perpetually complain and badmouth the game, nor will it fix anything. Instead, we should let this be an opportunity to come together and fix these problems.

I worked on rosters for NCAA 06, (my favorite NCAA title of all time), and completed them in a week. I worked my *** off doing them. I did 2-3 conferences a day and never looked back. Once I started doing them, I knew I couldn't stop. My friends were awestruck when I told them of my accomplishment. We collectively dreamed, for years, of doing rosters for the game but it never amounted towards anything.

When 06 came out, I decided to be the person to step up to the plate and undertake the daunting task of naming every player for every team in division 1-A. When I finished, I felt amazing. I felt like I had achieved something worthwhile. Now, I knew that it was just a video game and in the long run, it didn't mean anything substantial, but it was something I cared about and something I pushed myself to do, and wanted to do for a long time.

This year, I am going to do it again. I am going to name every single player, on every single team, delete the players that aren't even in the game, create all the freshmen that need to be created, and edit the attributes accordingly. I know that I won't be able to accomplish this quickly, as doing all of this will take a lot more time than just simply naming players, but I am truly motivated to do it.

I will not play a single game, or play a single practice, until I have achieved my goal. Why, you might ask? Because I need to know that the game is going to be as good as it's going to get. Because I need to know that the rosters I am using and the players I am playing with are real and are correct.

My gamertag is: Abisali

My goal is to have these rosters done asap.

Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
Rookie

egkb2753's Arena

Re: Let's stick together on this.

bump
Old 07-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

If I can help in any way shoot me a PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
Rookie

egkb2753's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volballer33
If I can help in any way shoot me a PM.
I am going to take care of the core issues myself. If you want to give me tid bits of info that might not be available through books or the internet, feel free to post it in this thread. That goes for anyone who reads this as well. I am going to try to make this roster as accurate as possible. I don't have the game yet but by the end of the night I will. I am off of work for the next 4 days after today and I am going to try to get most of it done in that time period. My goal is 1-2 weeks. Like I stated before, I am not going to play a single game until these rosters are fixed.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
Rookie

SARGEUSRF's Arena

OVR: 0

good post and good luck.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
Rookie

egkb2753's Arena

Thank you. It's going to take a lot of work but I'm up for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »