Home

Question about pitching control

This is a discussion on Question about pitching control within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Question about pitching control

I have a quick question about pitcher control. With Some pitcers when runners are on base the pitchin meter goes a little bit faster however with some it goes WAY faster. Such as matt garza when he allows a hit his pitching meter goes really fast and usually ends up allowing quite a few hits and runs. What do i need to edit to fix this so his meter will not go quite as fast. I have seen the problem with a few other pitchers however garzas is by far the worst. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Question about pitching control

In order to fix this "problem", you have to change his pitching delivery.

This is not a problem though, he just has a fast delivery from the streach. This can be good because runners will have a hard time stealing off of you.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

Yep.

It has to all do with his pitch delivery. Some guys are slower from the stretch, some are fast, but like you said, some guys are insane fast and it's hard to adjust to, especially if the guy just came into the game and you were used to a slower guy before him.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

though it may not really apply to cpu hitters, but it is also harder to read the dirt when they pitch fast out of the stretch.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Two things that help me... firstly, you can stop the power at or before the yellow. That will slow down the "downswing" of the meter, making it easier to control (but there will be less break on the pitch). The other thing is try to get a feel for the "rythm" of the delivery. What I mean is (and this gets easier over time) instead of watching the meter intensely and trying to hit the line at a precise moment, try watching a bit of both the meter and the pitcher. Get a feel for his motion and release. Now I pitch more based on rythm/momentum than just trying to hit the middle line every time. When you get good at it you can mess around with location and break and release points and really baffle some hitters. Realize there's a lot more to pitching in this game that just hitting the line. Hope that's kinda clear. If you need more info let me know. It'd be my pleasure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Grim's Arena

OVR: 3

I know one of the guys I always struggle with the pitching meter from the stretch is Kevin Gregg of the Cubs. His "stretch" meter is insanely fast. I have gotten knocked around quite a bit using him, and blown 4 or 5 saves at the all star break, but I also have 24 saves with him too. His era is like 5.20 though, mostly due to his stretch delivery.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »