Home

New Madden Idea: Protection Spotlight

This is a discussion on New Madden Idea: Protection Spotlight within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
New Madden Idea: Protection Spotlight

* *WR spotlight has been in the game for a few years now and made little difference if any lol.....however, what if they created an effective feature where you could SPOTLIGHT BLITZERS? See someone stacking the a or b gap? Spotlight that blitzer and he is not coming free. It could apply a double team block to whoever you spotlight. So it would be useful against a really good DE too like Peppers or Freeney. This would be better than slide protection because it wouldnt force you to committ your whole o-line to one side to pick up one blitzer. Real life 0-line protection relies more on this kind of stuff than sliding the whole 0-line a certain way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: New Madden Idea: Protection Spotlight

what a good idea i love these post.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Agreed. There is a front 7 on the D and you should be able to hold the RB button and press one of 7 buttons to spolight a defender. X, A, B should be for like the LDE, RDE, and NT while Y could be for MLB #1. For the OLB you should press LT or RT respctively and LB for MLB #2 or DT #2 depending on the 4-3 or 3-4 base D. In the nickle and dime sets you can change it so thatthe triggers are for posible blitzing nickle corners?

I like the idea, and until we see a smart offesive line that can handle the 3-4 NT/DE or the game changing DE of a 4-3, it should be added for M11.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Agreed. There is a front 7 on the D and you should be able to hold the RB button and press one of 7 buttons to spolight a defender. X, A, B should be for like the LDE, RDE, and NT while Y could be for MLB #1. For the OLB you should press LT or RT respctively and LB for MLB #2 or DT #2 depending on the 4-3 or 3-4 base D. In the nickle and dime sets you can change it so thatthe triggers are for posible blitzing nickle corners?

I like the idea, and until we see a smart offesive line that can handle the 3-4 NT/DE or the game changing DE of a 4-3, it should be added for M11.
Isn't fake hike on the RB button? I guess it should be the LB button since they took out Lead Blocker. Also, I think you could also make it where you hold the LB button and there is a white circle underneath a defensive player and you just use the left stick to move it to other players.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
* *WR spotlight has been in the game for a few years now and made little difference if any lol.....however, what if they created an effective feature where you could SPOTLIGHT BLITZERS? See someone stacking the a or b gap? Spotlight that blitzer and he is not coming free. It could apply a double team block to whoever you spotlight. So it would be useful against a really good DE too like Peppers or Freeney. This would be better than slide protection because it wouldnt force you to committ your whole o-line to one side to pick up one blitzer. Real life 0-line protection relies more on this kind of stuff than sliding the whole 0-line a certain way.
+1

Good idea! I'd definitely like to see something like this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
Isn't fake hike on the RB button? I guess it should be the LB button since they took out Lead Blocker. Also, I think you could also make it where you hold the LB button and there is a white circle underneath a defensive player and you just use the left stick to move it to other players.
You're right I mentally got that mixed up. Either way is fine just switch LB and RB functions in my post and you have the same idea. I knew one of those buttons was not in use [that we are aware of] after lead blocker was taken out.

Thanks. I do like the idea as well about cycling through players to spot light, however, with how fast defenders can change the play up and change a lot I like the idea of just telling my online on dive to double team the NT, and on outside runs or shot gun pass plays to double team Freeny, Peppers, Ware, Marriman, etc. at a glance and can change that if the D shifts at "the last moment." Being a 49ers fan I'd love/hate to see players just hit spot light Patric Willis every play. How would Willis dominate regardless? or would he be taken out of the play? Interesting ideas IMO.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

cracking idea!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz

To simplify, it would be cool if you could Hotroute any lineman, TE, or FB/HB to block a specific player. That way you could hot route a specific player to help on a double team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »