Home

Can we be GUARANTEED that Any Huge Glitches Will be Patched for Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Can we be GUARANTEED that Any Huge Glitches Will be Patched for Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Can we be GUARANTEED that Any Huge Glitches Will be Patched for Madden 10?

Im not talking about things like the RC and Fb dive. Those arent glitches, their just weaknesses in the A.I. By "glitch" I mean things like the QB Walk and the automatic FG block.

We saw quick and effective action taken on the WR Direct Snap at the beginning of the year, and EA even cleared some of the cheaters records. Thumbs up EA, good job. However, why is it that the QB walk was never patched? It is INFINITELY WORSE than the WR direct snap, and it really sucks that nothing was done about it just because it came out 1/2 way through the year. The game has become literally UNPLAYABLE online because of it, and that really makes me sick.

They need to make it too so that you cannot move ANY PLAYERS AT ALL around during a FG or XP block. People absolutely RAPE blocking FGs online every year and that is almost as bad as the QB walk.

Can we please have some sort of assurance that if problems like this arise in Madden 10 they will be dealt with like the WR direct snap was?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Can we be GUARANTEED that Any Huge Glitches Will be Patched for Madden 10?

I don't understand what you're expecting from this thread??

How can a dev guarantee to fix a glitch that doesn't exist yet?
Old 07-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Just do what any rational person would do...wait a month before buying it.

Problem solved.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
Pro

stopper654's Arena

OVR: 14

Don't forget the WR Walk and onsidekick glitch
The EAGLES Are The Most Dominate Team In The NFC Beast And The Best Team In The League, I Will BLEED GREEN For The Rest Of My Life, So To Any Team Who Thinks They Can Test Us Then If You Want Some Then Come Get Some. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PSN: Stopper654
Old 07-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
I don't understand what you're expecting from this thread??

How can a dev guarantee to fix a glitch that doesn't exist yet?
I meant what I said, they almost immediately fixed the WR direct snap, but not the qb walk, evn though it was only halfway through the year when it surfaced.

NHL 09 got a pretty signifigant mid-season patch that Madden couldve really benefitted from if it had gotten the same. All I am saying is that if a game breaking glitch arises next year, as long as its before June/July it should be fixed. Fixing the Qb walk doesnt seem like it would be that complicated of a thing to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Games only get an exact amount of patches they can do per year. That is why QB walk wasnt fixed ....I dont know if this is true but I remember reading it somewhere that madden 09 ran out of patches.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #7
Rookie

nsilvano21's Arena

OVR: 4

not sure what it takes to patch something like a game but if there are glitches or exploits, they should be fixed because its taking away from someone playing online. i dont understand how a patch cant be made when exploits are found in the game. not saying every exploit should be patched, but the qb walk is the most garbage play.

they might think that if someone would see that madden needed like 5-10 patches throughout the year, that the game had some missing holes when it was put on the shelf. it looks better if they only patch it once or twice. eventhough it causes everyone to avoid online play with the million exploits that someone needs just to enjoy the game.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:12 AM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well I am sure Ian and Donny and Phil is aware of these glitches from 09 online play people use. And hopefully they have addressed are will once the game is out.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »