Home

pro tak vs backbreaker takle system

This is a discussion on pro tak vs backbreaker takle system within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
pro tak vs backbreaker takle system

which of these feature are you going to prefer to be in madden 10 if you can only choose one.

backbreaker takele system
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRCWbUYtitY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwoVwZIvYhE

pro tak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RJZPdZpwBE

my brother and i have been have arguing over these topic alot off time, so i want to know how you guy feel about the two feature.

Last edited by leke4bears; 07-05-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: pro tak vs backbreaker takle system

I'd rather see Euphoria if it is done right. But Pro-TAK is better than nothing.

Also, maybe you should change the question to "future Maddens" instead of Madden 10.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

you should have used this video of backbreaker instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwoVwZIvYhE

showing highlight vids or replay vids of games is stupid since thats not the camera angle you play the game with.

The player models in backbreaker are so bad though. It reminds me of an NFL Blitz type game.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

euphoria for sure.

I think they used something similar for GTA IV and it was an amazing game. Everytime you got hit by something, you landed a different way than before.

This shouldn't even be a question.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

that RB cam looks sooooo nice. i wish it was SS mode was something like this.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

This debate goes back to madden's physics and momentum issues that Apex brings up.

Pro-tak tackles seem to have too much "all or nothing". The players meet, there is a "tussle", then either the offensive player falls down or the defenders kind of fall off him and he just keeps trucking along for a td. There needs to be more middle ground where the defenders can't wrap up but the ball carrier still falls down from the hit and/or a type of tackle where the defender gets dragged down field until help arrives.

Backbreaker has a arcady nike commercial type of feel to it, but I like the violence of the collisions.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

Not as an insult to the OP, but backbreaker tackle system is potentially pro-tac on steroids. BB could potential have 2,3,4,5+ tackle system. We do not know if they have offensive players pushing the pile but theoretically speaking it may be possible in BB if the programing was added for it and it could potentially look and feel more realisitc because of euphoria.

Again, this is only a best case thought prosess and with as little video coverage BB has we really cant compare the two in videos. Also, it would be hard to figure out which feature is better just from watching it.

Personally, I dislike pre-canned animations and I am in favor of a euphoria-like tackle and move system.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Euphorias/Backbreaker's tackling/interaction system looks good, but in the two years since those initial videos, we haven't seen anything on Backbreaker. Even with Pro-Tak, which we don't know the exploits and bugs in it, people have actually played with it and can come up with pros/cons. Nobody has played with Backbreaker's tackling system.

I like the idea of a physics based tackling/interaction system, but at the same time, it isn't always more realistic than a system that is animation based. There's too much that goes into whether a player will be tackled or not that videogame physics can't replicate.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »