Home

News from PSM3 article

This is a discussion on News from PSM3 article within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
News from PSM3 article

at least according to users at PESfan.co.uk.

Quote:
Just got PSM3 the PES 2010 feature is ten pages long from a glance here's what they say has been improved

More focused commentary
More Balanced refs and 'advantage' rule
Lots of extra player specific goal celebration
Revised penalty system which offers more control
Much better goalkeepers
No more Konami ID. its now hosted on Sony's servers (on the PS3 version of course)

Heres things they have removed

Al no longer makes automatic tackling/shooting decisions
Players no longer freeze after freekicks
No 'simple' settings menu in tactics. Your key changes are made with sliders

Quote:
Just got my copy.

Man Utd and Liverpool are the licensed teams from the Premiership again this year. Anfield is also in the game!

Full Spanish, French, Italian and........ GERMAN leagues!

The full team rosters are to be confirmed (ie the other leagues section: Rangers, Celtic, Spartak Moscow etc...)

Another snippet people might like to know is that when EA's contract expires with the Premierleague, they might decide to share the licence with Konami. This is by no way confirmed, just a possibility.

I'll leave the rest for you lot to find out for yourselves!!
Quote:
Here is some news from PSM3:

* Champions League will be playable online
* New tatics system called tatics slider focusing on player support | support range | compactnes | defensive line | pressing attacking style | defensive strategy. The slider works on a 0-100 scale.
* New card system replacing the old player ability stars
* Team mates will flood the box if Beckham for eg is about to cross the ball as opposed to a player with less skills in crossing.
* Defenders can be zoned individually or instructed to push on
* BAL created players can be added to master league
* Player comparisons (between 2009 and 2010) are very impressive players shown Torres | Gerrard | Alonso | Messi | Eto'o | Xavi | Iniesta
* There shall be no Konami ID used for 2010
* The online system used in Pro Evo 6 will be used and enhanced they have finally dropped 2008 | 2009's online system
* No visible loading times
* Loop headers are in
* Ability to auto-select team members by condition | ability and balance
* More balanced refs which also use the advantage rule
* AI no longer makes automatic tackling | shooting decisions

Enjoy.

I hope it's okay to post this here.

Quote:
More News:

* Slower paced game (though not as slow as Fifa 09)
* Same commentary as usual (although they do have a larger script this time)
* Crowds are finally in full 3d
* New lighting system comes into effect with player likeness and night time games
* The build they played was a 50% complete
* Few new animations like pause/accelerate for certain players
* More logical ways of chesting / trapping / quick turns on the ball (180 degree mentioned)
* Much less time on the ball even tho it is slower especially when playing against teams using a DMC for example
* Some of the lofted or flat through balls are quite powerful in terms of speed of ball unless you use a pinpoint passer when it makes the animation example look smoother
* Took them 3 games until they actually scored against 'Normal' difficulty AI.
* Keepers much improved
* No more PES points, Master League mode uses real currency
* Champs League and Europa League (Uefa Cup) has been incorporated into BAL also mentioned earlier Champs League is online as well (no mention if Europa league is)
* More awards at end of season time (within BAL mode) player of the season | players play etc
* All UEL qualified teams are licensed as well as the promise of a few other surprises
* Transfer window patches throughout the season
* The confirmation the online system in the last 2 versions hasn't worked and they have gone back to PES6 online system (which has been further improved for current gen
* Response time on the ball better
* Can have players (created or non created players) with the option of having tucked or not tucked in shirts
* Penalties and Free Kicks are more 'analogue'

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=219156&page=3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: News from PSM3 article

hopefully the animation is fixed, I can't stand the way the ball sticks and those stupid long shorts.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

I am considering giving PES a look this year again after ignoring it last year for the first time in ages. The only thing that doesn't look appealing to me from those features is the speed of the game, since I considered FIFA 09 to be quite fast, even on the slow setting. Maybe it's the small size of the pitch in FIFA, but I prefer a more methodical pace to the game rather than non stop action. We'll see how it turns out, definitely interested.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
hopefully the animation is fixed, I can't stand the way the ball sticks and those stupid long shorts.
I agree with the animation. I didn't like it either. Hopefully it is fixed.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I wonder if during implementation of the new features if anyone at Konami figured out how to keep your defenders in position instead of having CBs chase mids down the wings....or if that ridiculous you or I just scored a goal so now it's my/your turn AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

OVR: 6

* Much less time on the ball even tho it is slower especially when playing against teams using a DMC for example

Oh good - one thing I hate about PES is how the opponents never constantly press you all game :P
Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurstman3000
* Slower paced game (though not as slow as Fifa 09)
Are you kidding? Go play the demo of FIFA 09 and tell me that's not a basketball game on grass with a leather ball. Much, much too fast. I always thought PES was slower than FIFA, not the other way around...?

I'd like to see better AI teammate defender positioning, less "rubber band" CPU opponents, more realistic kit shapes (the shorts especially), smoother animations and animated transitions, and less defensive-third opponent pressure (i.e. less CPU pressure when you own the ball in your defensive third).

In the meantime, I'm having an absolute blast with PES 2009 for the Wii! I tweaked the gameplay to more closely simulate what I believe to be "real" football. Better defenders and goalkeepers, more fouls, lower scores, etc. If anybody's interested in my adjustments, just PM me!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »