Home

Law School

This is a discussion on Law School within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
Banned

Brankles's Arena

OVR: 23
Law School

I was wondering if there were any lawyers here or any current law students.

I got accepted into a law school last week (St. Thomas in Miami + a nice little scholarship) and was interested in what you all have done with your law degree or are planning to do. I'm still on the fence about going, and was trying to weigh the cost of law school with the reward of having a law degree and the job opportunities it provides. I'm also not sure if I have the passion for law that I've seen many other lawyers have, and I feel like I could get eaten alive if I'm not 100% involved during my years at law school.

MassNole is a lawyer or law student I believe, and I feel like there may be a few other law-oriented people around the boards (Cebby?). Just seeing y'alls take on the whole experience and if you had any tips or suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Law School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brankles
I was wondering if there were any lawyers here or any current law students.

I got accepted into a law school last week (St. Thomas in Miami + a nice little scholarship) and was interested in what you all have done with your law degree or are planning to do. I'm still on the fence about going, and was trying to weigh the cost of law school with the reward of having a law degree and the job opportunities it provides. I'm also not sure if I have the passion for law that I've seen many other lawyers have, and I feel like I could get eaten alive if I'm not 100% involved during my years at law school.

MassNole is a lawyer or law student I believe, and I feel like there may be a few other law-oriented people around the boards (Cebby?). Just seeing y'alls take on the whole experience and if you had any tips or suggestions.
Go get your law degree. The beauty of a law degree is that you dont have to practice law to use it. Many businesses like the fact that you have the knowledge and ability that law school gives you.

To be honest most law students arent passionate about law. I know I wasnt. I loved certain aspects about the law but I had no interest in arguing before a judge or ever going into a courtroom. Once you make it through your first year...its a breeze.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Go get your law degree. The beauty of a law degree is that you dont have to practice law to use it. Many businesses like the fact that you have the knowledge and ability that law school gives you.

To be honest most law students arent passionate about law. I know I wasnt. I loved certain aspects about the law but I had no interest in arguing before a judge or ever going into a courtroom. Once you make it through your first year...its a breeze.
Did you pass the bar test? I heard that test is brutal!
Old 06-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Did you pass the bar test? I heard that test is brutal!
Passed it on the first try in Maryland. Studying for that test was the worst 3 mos of my life. I had no life and the whole while I was scared that if I failed the test, I wouldnt be able to get a job. On top of that you take the test in July but have to wait until November for the results.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 28

Law school is for suckers. I get all my legal knowledge from these guys..

LOL. I had a roommate who was going for his degree. Man the amount of books were ridiculous. I would help him. I actually retained a few things from those colored books.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Passed it on the first try in Maryland. Studying for that test was the worst 3 mos of my life. I had no life and the whole while I was scared that if I failed the test, I wouldnt be able to get a job. On top of that you take the test in July but have to wait until November for the results.
Wow that is awesome. Yeah I heard that test was brutal. So you work for a TV company. So are you using that degree or are you just using it to open doors for you?
Old 06-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Wow that is awesome. Yeah I heard that test was brutal. So you work for a TV company. So are you using that degree or are you just using it to open doors for you?
I'm a lawyer at Discovery so I'm using it.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:09 AM   #8
Get Ducked Up!

oakfan162's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I'm a lawyer at Discovery so I'm using it.
How so? But that is awesome! I know a bunch of people that are going through law school at the University of Oregon (and I know its all about environmental law and not real that "hard core", but I still know how hard it is and how much you have to sacrifice.) Congrats man!!!!
Warriors
49ers

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »