Home

I played my first fight night fight ever online...

This is a discussion on I played my first fight night fight ever online... within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-24-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44
I played my first fight night fight ever online...

And wow talk about intense. My heart was racin', the action was intense, and.. I won!!

Yes It is a slugfest.

I've actually played 5 so for (unranked) and I'm 3-2. Of those 5 I probably fought 2 that were very tactical but didn't last past the 8th round.

But wow it sure was great fun. 0 lag and it played beautifully.

EA is back in my house!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: I played my first fight night fight ever online...

Man that's good news...did you feel like you were mashing buttons? the thing that has always turned me off to fighting games is when they turn into button mashing with very little tactical maneuvering.

Or I guess a better question would be, can you counter a "button masher" by being tactical? Or did you have to mash with them to keep up?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Body blows are way too effective online in knocking down your stamina. It's being exploited like crazy. Hopefully EA patches that. Otherwise, its a lot of fun! Great brawls and going toe to toe with no defenses is hillarious.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
Man that's good news...did you feel like you were mashing buttons? the thing that has always turned me off to fighting games is when they turn into button mashing with very little tactical maneuvering.

Or I guess a better question would be, can you counter a "button masher" by being tactical? Or did you have to mash with them to keep up?

Honestly it's about 50/50. I plyed a few that were crazy beat-em-ups and a few that were counter/tactical fights. In the five though none of them went the distance. Just fyi.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #5
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

I've played over 40 games online thus far. I'm sitting at about 37-5, I think (2 of which were server crashes where I got the loss--- I hate those more than anything). Given, a large percentage of people online play it as a slugfest. I, however, do not. Let my record be proof that strategy can pay off. It's really all about counter punching and playing to your fighter's strengths. For example, when I play heavyweight, I use Lennox Lewis most of the time. I MAKE SURE to establish the jab and fight from the outside. Know your strengths, follow your gameplan, and if you have an overly aggressive opponent, use his aggression against him.

Edit: Here's a link to my online stats (MAKE SURE TO SWITCH FROM "OVERALL" TO "ONLINE" NEXT TO "MODE"):
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/s...dex/id/2725523

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Last edited by NYG_Meth; 06-25-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 01:30 AM   #6
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I've played over 40 games online thus far. I'm sitting at about 37-5, I think (2 of which were server crashes where I got the loss--- I hate those more than anything). Given, a large percentage of people online play it as a slugfest. I, however, do not. Let my record be proof that strategy can pay off. It's really all about counter punching and playing to your fighter's strengths. For example, when I play heavyweight, I use Lennox Lewis most of the time. I MAKE SURE to establish the jab and fight from the outside. Know your strengths, follow your gameplan, and if you have an overly aggressive opponent, use his aggression against him.

Edit: Here's a link to my online stats (MAKE SURE TO SWITCH FROM "OVERALL" TO "ONLINE" NEXT TO "MODE"):
Great advice! A lot of them just punch themselves tired then I just go in and clean up, this game is a lot of fun against people online.
I just had a war with Gatti ( I was Sweet Pea)went 10 rounds I ended up knocking him out with 30 seconds left what a blast.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:35 AM   #7
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm 3-1 online. My first 3 fights I won by KO because my opponents were too aggressive and I countered them to death.

In the fight I lost, I fought one dude who kept doing body punches the whole fight. I blocked them, but then my block meter would go down. Nevertheless, I would have won if I didn't have Leonard. The fight went the distance, but dude was able to knock me out with Hagler after we both were low on stamina and health. I stunned him, but didn't have the power to put him away.

My next online fight was my Sweet Pea against some guy's Nate something. Neither of us was hurt. He was more aggressive, but I was blocking and countering everything. The commentators said he was running away with the fight, so I tried to step my offensive game up. As I'm on the brink of a comeback, my power went out.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #8
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth

That is definately great advice. I noticed on one of my wins that I stayed back while he punched himself tired and I countered with power shots and won by KO in the first round.
I just have to practice and get used to not wanting to mash the sticks. I don't really want to play like that but sometimes it feels like that is your only chance at winning which obviously it's not!
Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »