Home

Attempting the Impossible LAC Dynasty (NBA LIVE 09)

This is a discussion on Attempting the Impossible LAC Dynasty (NBA LIVE 09) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Attempting the Impossible MEM Dynasty (NBA LIVE 09)

I always like waiting till season end to start a season with a ****ty team and well that time is now. So like the title says it is time to attempt the impossible & turn the Memphis Grizzlies franchise around. Yes this use to be the spot for the LAC but changed it after I realized there was alot worse teams than them. I will be playing the games on my PS3 system using NBA Live 09. I will be starting on the normal difficulty & sliders an adjust from there.

Last edited by BigBlueFan08; 06-26-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Attempting the Impossible MEM Dynasty (NBA LIVE 09)

2008/2009 MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES
Last Years Record: 22-60
Losses: Mike Miller, Juan Carlos Navarro, Jason Collins, Brian Cardinal, & Andre Brown
Additions: O.J. Mayo, Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur, Antwan Walker, Hamed Haddadi, Quinton Ross
1. What significant moves were made during the offseason?
After a season that will be remember for just giving the LA Lakers Pau Gasol the Grizzlies continued to revamped their roster in the offseason. On draft night, they traded away the last of the contributors from the squad that made 3 straight trips to the postseason sending Mike Miller and Brian Cardinal to Minnesota, vetern Jason Collins, and the rights to Kevin Love in exchange for the rights to O.J. Mayo and the contracts of Antoine Walker, Marko Jaric, and Greg Buckner. They also acquired Darrell Arthur in exchange for Donte Greene and a 2nd round pick.
Then they signed highly touted draft pick Marc Gasol to a contract to compete for the starting center position with Darko Milicic. They finished up signing the first Iranian player in NBA history center Hamed Haddadi along with vetern Quinton Ross to shore up the roster depth.
The two biggest move this offseason were allowing Marc Iavaroni to remain as head coach of the team after rumors swirled about his possible departure and also the hiring of Eddie Calaway as GM on October 7. Ivy will get a second chance (as he should, IMO) to show that he can coach this young team to success. As for Eddie he has stated that despite takin the job with most of the offseason moves being made he has been given permission to make moves; an no one is untouchable.
2. What are the team's biggest strengths?
Youthful exuberance and determination. This team could achieve quite a bit more than is expected of them simply because they don't know any better. Top draft pick O.J. Mayo has been lauded for his drive to succeed and that attitude has visibly spread throughout the entire team. This collection of players doesn't intend to lay down for anyone, no matter what the odds against them might appear to be. In that way, they remind me a lot of the youthful team that arrived in Memphis a mere 7 years ago. I think that they will win more games than they probably should, just because they don't know any better.
3. What are the team's biggest weaknesses?
This team lacks experience. In all likelihood, only one starter will be older than 23 at the beginning of the season and the depth behind those starters isn't entirely tested either. The players with real experience (Antoine Walker, Greg Buckner) are on the downslope of their careers and are mostly viewed as contracts moreso than players to the majority of the fanbase. Fortunately, these young guys will get plenty of playing time to remedy that weakness, which everyone hopes will lead to some much-needed maturation. This franchise is on a 3-year plan to return to playoff levels, so talent and experience are the two key ingredients. They are working diligently on the first one, but the second will take some time.
4. What are the goals for this team?
Survival? If not that, then the goal is to display that they know what it takes to win games, even if they aren't quite good enough to do so consistently. They need to play much better defense than last year and to remain in games mentally for all 4 quarters. They have to show heart, since that has been missing from the team the last two miserable seasons. Mostly they need to show that they "get it" and are legitimate NBA talent capable of playing at the highest of levels.
5. Is there a real starting power forward on the roster?
They have 4 players capable of playing the position (Hakim Warrick, Antoine Walker, Darrell Arthur, Darko Milicic), but are any of them a legitimate answer? Warrick is a solid scorer/rebounder, but has limitations everywhere else. Walker spends too much time on the perimeter and not enough in the low post, not to mention that he is not the long-term answer for the team. Darrell Arthur is a rookie who shouldn't be expected to shoulder a tremendous role this year. Darko Milicic is a solid defender, but has issues with his offensive game and his confidence/mental approach is always a big question mark. I believe that the Grizzlies will look to trade either Warrick or Walker (or both), along with one of the young guards (likely Lowry or Crittenton) to acquire a legit PF at some point this season, perhaps a rental like Shawn Marion.
Predictions
28-54
5th in SW Division
12th in Western Conference
OJ Mayo makes it to the all star game & wins ROY
ROSTER
C Marc Gasol- 6'11 238 R
PF/SF Hakim Warrick- 6'9 219 3
SF/SG Rudy Gay- 6'9 220 2
SG OJ Mayo- 6'4 200 R
PG/SG Michael Conley- 6'1 180 1
PG Kyle Lowry- 6' 175 2
PF Darrell Arthur- 6'9 216 R
PG/SG Javaris Crittenton- 6'5 195 1
C/PF Darko Milicic- 7' 245 5
SG/SF Quinton Ross- 6'6 193 4
PG/SG Marko Jaric- 6'7 217 6
C Hamad Haddadi- 7'2 254 R
PF/SF Anotoine Walker- 6'9 245 12
SG Greg Buckner- 6'4 205 10

Last edited by BigBlueFan08; 06-26-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Attempting the Impossible MEM Dynasty (NBA LIVE 09)

Grizzlies 123 Rockets 109
1234T
MEM (1-0) 34303029123
HOU (0-1) 34232329109
FINAL
TEAM EFFORT LEADS TO GRIZZLIES VICTORY
HOUSTON-- After trading away team leader Pau Gasol coach Ivy stated that this team will need three things to happen to become successful. One someone will need to step up and take over as a leader, two team can not rely on that one player to win the game have to plays with as more of a team, and three they must do there job on the defensive side. Well if last night was any sign of how this season will go then all three of those things will be accomplished.

Memphis defensive was abslutly outstanding in the mid quarters confusing Houston as they switched back an forth between man and zone causing mass confussion and turnovers. Then you throw in that all 12 players scored atleast 4 points; only having 3 in double figures.

"I could not of been happier," answered coach Ivy after the game. They did everything I asked them to. Lock down defense and found the open man. It jus happened that the open man most of the time was Rudy Gay.

Rudy Gay was the third part of becoming a successful team by stepping up and leading. Rudy in 36 minutes of played dropped in 36 points and 5 rebounds.

When asked bout becoming the leader of the team Rudy responded, "This off season I told coach I want to be that guy. The thing is though we are so deep that guy could change. I just had my game tonight; we will see what happens tomorrow. I have a feeling though the leader will change daily."

To go along with all that, the 4 rookies combined for 37 points (Mayo & Arthur 11), 23 rebounds (Gasol 11), and 5 assist (Mayo 3).

"It felt great to get that first one out of the way," Darrell Arthur said.

"It is a long season but I wont lie I plan on enjoying this one tonight with the boys. It feels great to get that first win of our career. Defently going out tonight," stated OJ Mayo.

Memphis has Thursday off for a travel day back home where they will take on the Orlando Magic Friday night followed by a game in Chicgao Saturday.

Last edited by BigBlueFan08; 06-29-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Attempting the Impossible LAC Dynasty (NBA LIVE 09)

Nice win to start the season. This is looking good, you write-ups are excellent.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 06-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
Nice win to start the season. This is looking good, you write-ups are excellent.
If I can recall. He hasn't played a game yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid
If I can recall. He hasn't played a game yet.
No i did but I changed it to Memphis because I cant stand playing with LAC.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
Rookie

Magic 93 Grizzlies 110
T
ORL (0-2)
MEM (2-0)
Final
Grizz Run Away Late For Home Opener Win
MEMPHIS-- Despite late foul trouble from OJ Mayo (17) and fatigue from Hakim Warrick (12) both men combine for 29 points in the fourth to help the Grizz rally from 10 down and pick up the home opener victory. Suprisinly OJ's foul trouble came mostly on the offensive side when attacking the basket.

"I was out of control early on. Coach sat me down for most of third tellin me to relax and just do my job when I go back out there. Well that is what I did," answered OJ after the game.

OJ defense was outstanding holding Mickael Pietrus to 8 points.

"OJ was completly impressive tonight on both sides of the ball after he settled down. He jus was trying to pick up the slack for (Rudy) Gay having a bad day. I jus told him dont try force things; let it come to you. You have other players around you to help out. You see what happens when he doesn't force it." responded Coach Ivy.

Rudy, who was team leader last game, couldn't seem to find his stroke going 3-15 (1-4 3 pt) and only getting 9 points, 2 in fourth quarter.

"Hey like I said after the opener; I would love to lead the team night in and night out. But there is such thing as bad days and the two other guys stepped up tonight." Rudy commented after the game.

Besides Mayo and Warrick; Michael Conley (15), Darko Milicic (14), and Darrell Arthur (10) scored in double figures with Arthur also grabbing 11 rebounds for his first career double double.

When asked how he felt about acomplishing his first double double Arthur responded, "Great to get it already! Yet it is even better who I got it versus. Orlando has great bigs down low and to know I went up against them and out rebounded them is an awesome feeling. I hope to average it this season to be honest with you though. This defently wont be my only one."

Next up for the Grizzlies tomorrow night in Chicago.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

The linescore for your first game has the Rockets winning not you..

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »