Home

PS3 Elite Rosters a W/ 2009 Draft Class!!!!

This is a discussion on PS3 Elite Rosters a W/ 2009 Draft Class!!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
PS3 Elite Rosters a W/ 2009 Draft Class!!!!

I thought I would just start the ball by being the first to create a PS3 roster with the whole draft class. I got the latest online update (with all packages) and put all the animations that I did based on personal preference and others from what people said were the best. I personally didn't like the Razr Neon roster with the lower ratings. I just didn't like the fact that I would dribble with good handlers and they'd lose the balls like there 60. So I decided to do something simple. I lowered everybodies inside scoring making the highest 81 to 82 for the elite. Other allstars I made in the 70's because they'd make shots regardless (ex. Kobe or Wade). Basically like in the Nba a lot more people need to stop dominating in the paint and work the mid range and 3's a little more. Anyway I will do all the rookies based off the info I have. I like Veras rookie edits so I'll use that as a base and change everything to make them more like rookies and not overrated. I need two people to help me out with this soon to be awesome (The best lol) project. I have done this for 2K8 and I know exactly what to do to make this roster fly well lol. So for the two people I need one experienced editer to edit all the rookies faces, body type, rookie tendencies, accessories and any other edits needed to make the rookies as accurate as possible. After July the 1st we will release all the upcoming free agents from their team and they will be signed when they get signed of course lol. The second person will do the last part of the roster which is to create custom JOE sliders, fix coach profiles to run (In-Game) perfect with their real team counterpart and fix player tendencies where needed for superstars and possible most starting lineup players. This part needs someone who definitely knows what they're doing because this will make the roster seem as close to NBA simulation as possible. Hopefully it will be thorougly tested via sim to make sure all states are accurate, especially for the new rookies. If anybody else wants to join Team Joe just speak up because if we do a really good job which I don't release sh*t or half done rosters so we will be good we might do this for other sports games and become big in OS. I waited to get my personal experience with 2K up to finally come out with my own custom roster made from scratch. I will try to do a pre-release after the draft and another release once free agency is in session depending upon who is helpng. After that it will be 24/7 edits throughout free agency. It all depends on when I get people to join the team and get the other edits I need done. I will tell those interested this is not going to be easy and it might contain a lot of long nights of editing/tweaking, but it will be worth it lol. This can turn out to be awesome so the ones destined to jump on ship speak now... The FatJoe era has begun... Who's ready to create genius lol!?

Those interested in using the rosters in the future please give feedback and info on the rookies or whatever that I might need to know so it can be included. These rosters CAN NOT be great without feedback and the audience of OS. Thanks
fatjoejr2001
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 01:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: PS3 Elite Rosters a W/ 2009 Draft Class!!!!

Sounds good.

For player ratings and tendencies, have a look at this site http://www.nba.com/hotspots/.

What you do is select a team, select a player, then select a season, and it shows their shooting % from different spots on the floor (rim, close, mid, 3pt).

Pretty good site for for re-working the shooting ratings and shot tendencies (if you were doing everyones mid-range shooting for example, you can see exactly how many shots a certain player took from mid-range and how well they shot it).

It's an informative site as you have everyones shooting stats from all over the floor right in front of you. It's also an eye-opener when you look at some players shooting %. Rudy Fernandez for example is 85 from mid-range in the game IIRC, though he only shot at 22% from there. Another example, Dwight Howard, who you'd probably make have one of the highest close-shots in the game, only shot at 32% from there. So statistically (if you're going by 2k's shot ratings anyway), he scored the majority of his points from lay-ups and dunks (as all his points were from right under the rim pretty much).

Unfortunately, a few teams haven't been done, though it has the majority of the league there, so it helps in a big way IMO.

Anyway, have a look and tell me what you think. Hope it helps.

Last edited by TheWood56; 06-20-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Sounds good.

For player ratings and tendencies, have a look at this site http://www.nba.com/hotspots/.

What you do is select a team, select a player, then select a season, and it shows their shooting % from different spots on the floor (rim, close, mid, 3pt).

Pretty good site for for re-working the shooting ratings and shot tendencies (if you were doing everyones mid-range shooting for example, you can see exactly how many shots a certain player took from mid-range and how well they shot it).

It's an informative site as you have everyones shooting stats from all over the floor right in front of you. It's also an eye-opener when you look at some players shooting %. Rudy Fernandez for example is 85 from mid-range in the game IIRC, though he only shot at 22% from there. Another example, Dwight Howard, who you'd probably make have one of the highest close-shots in the game, only shot at 32% from there. So statistically (if you're going by 2k's shot ratings anyway), he scored the majority of his points from lay-ups and dunks (as all his points were from right under the rim pretty much).

Unfortunately, a few teams haven't been done, though it has the majority of the league there, so it helps in a big way IMO.

Anyway, have a look and tell me what you think. Hope it helps.
Cool I'm gonna check this out. I mean it's tough for me since nobody is responding or trying to help out lol. Right now me and my nephew are working on rookies and I am just going to try to get a outline of all of them done by draft time. It is probably just going to be a solid personal set that if requested I will email it or whatever. I mean one person doing all of this is tough. Plus now I have to look into contracts and what people should be making. It won't be a easy task but I have time here and there. I appreciate your reference and I just hope I can get everything in there with time so limited and all with the draft coming up. I'll let you know how the progress is going.
fatjoejr2001
Old 06-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
Rookie

DJJHNSN's Arena

i may be able to help...
Old 07-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJHNSN
i may be able to help...
Well that would be cool. Only problem is I am pretty much done with all the rookies (minus 2 or 3) and I've already personally started my own association. The numbers are off since I got their college #'s and not their new nba #'s. I did all the trades and signing thus far like shaq on the cavs (#33) and boozer, korver and okur staying with jazz while daniels and jack hit the free agency exc. All that pretty much needs to be done is everyones ages increasing by 1 (Didn't really care about that) and the salaries are all pretty much off for the rookies and obviously for the new upcoming free agents. All and all these rosters came out pretty awesome with just one person (myself) making them without any help. Anyway just a 411 on what I am doing as far as 2k9 goes. Oh and thanks vyras for the tendencies & ratings. Without you I wouldn't of got all the rookies done by draft night.
Cheers,
fatjoejr2001
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
Rookie

DJJHNSN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoejr2001
Well that would be cool. Only problem is I am pretty much done with all the rookies (minus 2 or 3) and I've already personally started my own association. The numbers are off since I got their college #'s and not their new nba #'s. I did all the trades and signing thus far like shaq on the cavs (#33) and boozer, korver and okur staying with jazz while daniels and jack hit the free agency exc. All that pretty much needs to be done is everyones ages increasing by 1 (Didn't really care about that) and the salaries are all pretty much off for the rookies and obviously for the new upcoming free agents. All and all these rosters came out pretty awesome with just one person (myself) making them without any help. Anyway just a 411 on what I am doing as far as 2k9 goes. Oh and thanks vyras for the tendencies & ratings. Without you I wouldn't of got all the rookies done by draft night.
Cheers,
fatjoejr2001
i already got a pretty damn good draft class roster out, with contracts updated as well.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #7
Pro

Awesome well to anybody reading I am thinking about posting my rosters up. I am missing about 2-3 rookies and I edited pretty much everything on the rookies to make it play similar to their real life counterpart. I did all the rotations along with the minutes distribution and will have all the transactions up to date. I think the look is pretty on point for the rookies and I am having tons of fun. Like I said they do have some legends such as jordan, Barkley, Reggie Miller, and stockton for associations purposes. I still need to do a couple things but I will try to post them tomorrow or the day after. I am also trying to perfect some sliders for this roster. All that really needs to be fixed is the free agents contracts when it gets done along with all the rookies contracts. Anyway you guys will be able to judge for yourselves and the shooting motions are on point for the rookies.
fatjoejr2001
Old 07-02-2009, 05:14 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

That Sounds awesome man!! Ive been looking for a realistic rookie rating package for a while now, but everyones seems to be wayy too high IMO i cant wait to check these out tho!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »