Home

Madden Sliders - Do they work?

This is a discussion on Madden Sliders - Do they work? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-18-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Madden Sliders - Do they work?

Do Madden sliders work well? I know they were missing some cpu sliders last year but did the sliders at least make a difference. I haven't bought Madden in quite awhile but after the never ending disappointments about NCAA 10 I am just giving up on the NCAA team and that game. The sliders still don't work right in NCAA 10. I really need to know that the sliders in Madden are responsive. I like to tweak things and customize the game to my liking. Maybe Madden will be great out of the box but if it's not I hope the sliders work properly so I can adjust the things I want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden Sliders - Do they work?

Just visit the sliders forum for this answer. You will see that you have to go to drastic levels as the sliders when they do work are not half as sensitive as they need to be. The penalty sliders really did not work except for the holding slider. Since a lot of people do not play with the sliders I wish they would make them very sensitive for us that do so we did not have to go to extremes to try to get the CPU to have a rushing game or for there to be a decent amount of penalties called, etc.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

This has been talked about before. They have worked on penalties this since they added new ones. so I am sure they have fixed them to work right .
Old 06-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm a believer of games not needing sliders because if the game was programed right initially, the gameplay would be solid and not needing user adjustments. I remember with NCAA 09, you could change the sliders how you pleased and still got the same outcome because that's how the game was programed. I think FN3 didn't have sliders nor did it need them because its well done.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampN252
I'm a believer of games not needing sliders because if the game was programed right initially, the gameplay would be solid and not needing user adjustments. I remember with NCAA 09, you could change the sliders how you pleased and still got the same outcome because that's how the game was programed. I think FN3 didn't have sliders nor did it need them because its well done.
But every person has a different style of play and skill level. Difficulty settings for one person or one group of people can and will produce dramatically different results for different people. Sliders are essential for many people to adjust the game difficulty to their play type and ability level to get a realistic/fun game. IMO, if a game is programmed such that sliders are not necessary for you then one of three things is going on: 1) you are a perfectly average gamer; 2) you got lucky in having programming to match your game play; 3) you have adjusted your game play so that the programming produces appropriate results.

To OP: Sorry about all the disappointment surrounding NCAA. Hopefully they can turn things around and impress better in the near future.

Last edited by StevieTheD; 06-18-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

I understand ya. I myself am a PC gamer, and they don't have sliders. I was thinking the same concept should be applied to Madden. The best I have played is FallOut 3 by the way
Old 06-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieTheD
IMO, if a game is programmed such that sliders are not necessary for you then one of three things is going on: 1) you are a perfectly average gamer; 2) you got lucky in having programming to match your game play; 3) you have adjusted your game play so that the programming produces appropriate results.

To OP: Sorry about all the disappointment surrounding NCAA. Hopefully they can turn things around and impress better in the near future.
Well put. I really hope the NCAA team can do something to fix the ineffectiveness of the sliders.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampN252
FN3 desperately needed sliders to make that arcade boxing game even the slightest bit realistic.

Sorry had to chime in. Sliders are and OPTION...and a great option at that. Out of the box, NO GAME works like it should. Sliders for sports games are MANDATORY if you ask me. They make the game fully customizable and "FIX" it so it plays and FEELS like the sport it is simulating. Madden on default settings (rookie to all-madden) was a complete JOKE.

To each his own....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »