Home

Broadcast Teams

This is a discussion on Broadcast Teams within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Broadcast Teams

Has there ever been a thought to have more than one set of play by play and color guys for the games. I assume since EA has the NFL rights, there has to be some way to get guys from FOX, NBC, and ESPN into the game.

Imagine of a teams like Collinsworth & Hammond, then Aikman and Buck (who simply are the best) and then Terico and Gruden. Sprinkle in some of the other lower teams used by Fox and man...that would seriously help in the staleness of presentation from one game to the other.

Have Aikman and Buck do like the games of the week. The better team gets the better games.

Maybe it's too much for the game, but I can't believe sound bites take to much memory? How hard would something like this be to do? That would solve all your problems of boring commentator presentation. YOU GIVE US OPTIONS of who we might like calling the games?

Any thoughts? I am have to believe this has been brought up before, just have not seen anything on this in a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Broadcast Teams

Joe Buck would be perfect for this game.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Its little things like this, that any and all fans of football video gaming that would go gagga over that are continuoiusly left out. There has been a big step up...but, for that wow factor...some of seem to be needed to be hired. When you can put options like something as simple as multiple broadcast teams into the game, that's how people notice you are stepping up the game, unsolicited...without hearing from forums such as this over and over thru the years what you could possibly do to raise the bar...and beat competition from 5 years ago.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #4
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

This is often one of the most neglected areas of sports games. The only game that I'm truly happy with is the MLB 09...although I heard MLB 2k9 has good commentary. You're right, this is the next step for the Madden franchise--to make commentary match the visuals.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
This is often one of the most neglected areas of sports games. The only game that I'm truly happy with is the MLB 09...although I heard MLB 2k9 has good commentary. You're right, this is the next step for the Madden franchise--to make commentary match the visuals.
MLB 2k9 commentary is the gold standard of commentary. It actually makes you feel like your watching a ballgame. If Ian were to use any game as a benchmark for Madden's commentary it has to be MLB 2k9.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
t27
Rookie

t27's Arena

OVR: 2

It's a great idea and one that should be implemented. The only roadblock would be the price tags on the talent.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Won't happen till after anti trust... lol
Old 06-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #8
KOL
Charmer

KOL's Arena

OVR: 15

This would definelty be a big addition to the game, but I don't know if there's enough space on one disc to do this. I imagine Blu Ray would be able to handle it, if not it could be a DLC.
But the main issue like d27 said is the price of Joe Buck and say Phil Simms.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »