Home

General Question about skill level

This is a discussion on General Question about skill level within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
General Question about skill level

I've been playing awhile on All-Star and am doing pretty good. Most of my games are reasonable and realistic. How big a jump is it to Hall of Fame? What does the increase in diffuculty effect the most? i.e. hitting, harder to hold a lead, locate your pitches etc. Thanks Guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 20
Re: General Question about skill level

I just made the move up about a week ago because it was jut getting too easy to hit, even with sliders adjusted down to nothing. I'm really happy with the result so far. When I played my last game on AS, I was hitting .310...after 12 games on HOF, my team average is down to .282.....much more realistic.

I would say the toughest thing about HOF is getting a lead first of all, and then holding the lead. Although, I havent seen anything that I thought was unfair or in favor of the CPU. HOF punishes mistakes when youre pitching and since I realized that I started concentrating more and the result has been much better. I would say thats the biggest diff in the 2.....the CPU killing balls left over the plate on HOF. I didnt see much of that on AS.

My best advice would be to tell you not to get frustrated when you first move up. I lost 6 straight games, but I hung with it and now I am enjoying the game more than I ever have.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:43 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just wanted to echo some of these sentiments. All star became too easy, so I bumped it up to HOF. The biggest adjustments I had to make were that I had to start taking more pitches near the edge of the zone while on offense, and when pitching, you have to pay more attention to mixing up your pitches and locations. I lost six straight, played at about .500 for about two weeks, and now I'm on an 8-game win streak, so it did take an adjustment.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss4481
I've been playing awhile on All-Star and am doing pretty good. Most of my games are reasonable and realistic. How big a jump is it to Hall of Fame? What does the increase in diffuculty effect the most? i.e. hitting, harder to hold a lead, locate your pitches etc. Thanks Guys

HOF: Don't throw but pitch. Hit the corners, throw balls and change the batters eye. Don't pitch to the same better the same way. HOF is harder to pitch.

Hitting: Slightly smaller timing window so be aggressive at pitches that capture the PCI. Layoff the fringe pitches.

Don't be afraid to increase sliders needed to make contact and pitch. Over time, you will be lowering them but make the sliders work for you so you stick with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »