Home

Man Coverage In '10

This is a discussion on Man Coverage In '10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Man Coverage In '10

Can't help but wonder if man coverage will be fixed in Madden '10. The man coverage in 09 was a joke. I would like it to be somewhere between 08 and 09's using the new wr/db animations. So far in the videos I am seeing wide open WR's so I am worried of another year of crazy lead passes... Anyone have any insight?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Man Coverage In '10

Well, I hope it's getting tuned or something...

From what I saw in the Dolphins vs. Raiders game vid, Asomugha was getting burned by Ted Ginn!? He's an elite shutdown corner and should hardly ever give up a reception in madden just like in real life!!
Old 06-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hopefully, Asomugha was only getting burned because the game was being played on Pro difficulty.

In reality, Asomugha should rarely give up a catch in man-to-man defense, let alone getting abused by Pennington to Ted Ginn connections.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Even if it is on Pro, does that mean ratings shouldn't count? Asamougha is a freaking 99 ovr. He's the best CB in the game. Ted Ginn is barely a middle level WR. Come one now.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Even if it is on Pro, does that mean ratings shouldn't count? Asamougha is a freaking 99 ovr. He's the best CB in the game. Ted Ginn is barely a middle level WR. Come one now.
+1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Well, the strange thing is.... going back and playing 08, the man coverage isn't as bad as I remember (post patch that is). 09 was a big step back with the 5 yard lead pass making man coverage useless killing the game lol. I am hoping man coverage will be better in '10, but am fearing that '10 will just be an evolution of 09.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I don't know. But Since I never play on Pro, I don't care.

But if I can torch him in All-Pro or All-Madden, then we've got a serious problem.

Seeing the lack of pass rush and pass defense on Pro does seem rather concerning though.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 451
I don't know. But Since I never play on Pro, I don't care.

But if I can torch him in All-Pro or All-Madden, then we've got a serious problem.

Seeing the lack of pass rush and pass defense on Pro does seem rather concerning though.
I see a lack of Pass Rush on All Pro too. And when you don't have a pass rush, and the coverage is not good

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »