Home

Bryce Harper RTTS: Is anybody making one?

This is a discussion on Bryce Harper RTTS: Is anybody making one? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Bryce Harper RTTS: Is anybody making one?

Just wondering if anyone decided to make a Bryce Harper RTTS since he is suppose to be really talented. He's getting a lotta media coverage, so just thought I'd ask. Check out his highlight video on YouTube.

Last edited by McMBlaster; 06-05-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 01:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Bryce Harper RTTS: Is anybody making one?

Today was the first I heard of him. I think I found out about him after someone mentioned him on Twitter.

I think my next RTTS player will be modeled after Wally Moon
Old 06-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMBlaster
Just wondering if anyone decided to make a Bryce Harper RTTS since he is suppose to be really talented. He's getting a lotta hype, so just thought I'd ask. Scott Boras may have hired a good PR firm though, thus the reason for the hype now since he won't be drafted until 2011. Like I said before, he is really good. Check out his highlight video on YouTube.
Not hype, the kid is Josh Hamilton 10 years ago. He has a textbook swing like griffey and has a cannon for an arm. Only thing is he might have to move from his catcher position to the outfield because he is 6'3 and only 16. He is bound to grow 2-3 more inches and we all know the issues tall catchers have with their knees. But this kid is the Lebron of baseball. He is mature enough, and has the body to step in against major league pitching and every scout in the business has said that he is better and further along in his progression as a player than A-Rod, Griffey, Mauer, etc. were at the same age. As long as he stays out of trouble and keeps the same head on his shoulder (always looking to get better, really a lot like Lebron was and still is now).

If you still think it is hype, check out his stats as a 14 year old freshman playing varsity ball, and also check out his stats fromt his past year. Oh yeah, he also is a plus base stealer (they have compared his speed to David Wright) and he hit a ball 570 feet, that is not a typo, it was 570 feet
Old 06-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky23
Not hype, the kid is Josh Hamilton 10 years ago. He has a textbook swing like griffey and has a cannon for an arm. Only thing is he might have to move from his catcher position to the outfield because he is 6'3 and only 16. He is bound to grow 2-3 more inches and we all know the issues tall catchers have with their knees. But this kid is the Lebron of baseball. He is mature enough, and has the body to step in against major league pitching and every scout in the business has said that he is better and further along in his progression as a player than A-Rod, Griffey, Mauer, etc. were at the same age. As long as he stays out of trouble and keeps the same head on his shoulder (always looking to get better, really a lot like Lebron was and still is now).

If you still think it is hype, check out his stats as a 14 year old freshman playing varsity ball, and also check out his stats fromt his past year. Oh yeah, he also is a plus base stealer (they have compared his speed to David Wright) and he hit a ball 570 feet, that is not a typo, it was 570 feet
570 Feet...Wow! I said hype because he's already being covered by ESPN etc. and that never happens in a baeball draft. Howver, people like him never come around either.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky23

Yea, I read the SI article as well and was freakn amazed. He went 12-12 with 11 bombs during a tournament, scored 6 times from second base on a wild pitch in 1 season, has a bat speed of more than 100 mph, has hit the longest HR in tropicana, and throws 96 mph. The guy has once in a lifetime type talent. Hopefully, he can harness it when he begins to play pro ball.

Last edited by hitstreak13; 06-05-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
scored 6 times from second base on a wild pitch in 1 season.
Thats crazy....he's awesome!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #7
Rookie

gubunko's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMBlaster
Just wondering if anyone decided to make a Bryce Harper RTTS since he is suppose to be really talented. He's getting a lotta media coverage, so just thought I'd ask. Check out his highlight video on YouTube.
Actually, yes. Starting one this weekend probably. Tired of playing a RttS as myself. Should be fun.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Kid is amazing. That being said, nothing is a sure thing, he will be successful but lets not put him down as the best yet, some things just don't translate

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »