Home

any Rangers franchise guys(wind?)

This is a discussion on any Rangers franchise guys(wind?) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 20
any Rangers franchise guys(wind?)

Was wondering if you guys experience the crazy wind in Arlington? Every home game I play(6 so far) has had the wind either blowing out or in at 18mph or higher. Does the wind really blow that hard there??

One game I hit at least 4 shots that wouldve been HR's but the 21mph wind kept the ball in. I'm not worried about it, just curious to see if other Rangers guys notice this and also if this is normal in this park.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
Banned

livnlegn's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: any Rangers franchise guys(wind?)

Well, I can tell you that it is a HUGE hitter's park, trumped only by Arizona and, of course, Colorado.

I don't know about the wind, but I do know that it isn't stopping people from hitting HR's.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Yea, I knew it was one of the better HR parks but just wondered if it is always windy there. Out of all the franchises I've played, I've never seen any oftje other parks have 21mph winds consistantly. I can't imagine Texas being a real windy state. I've been to Beaumont, Tx and it was hot with no breeze at all.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
Banned

livnlegn's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm here in the north-central US and it is very windy.

I think T. Boone Pickens was selling America on the fact that winds blow up and down the center of the country.

But my sense is that if the wind is blowing at the BiA, it's blowing out.

If HR's are being suppressed there, well, that's just frightening.

I've never been to Texas, though... so I'm talking out my...
Old 05-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

It's really random. There's never a strong wind blowing the ball in but I've seen 21 mph wind blowing out to 6 mph blowing the ball in, and everything in between.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by preztommy
It's really random. There's never a strong wind blowing the ball in but I've seen 21 mph wind blowing out to 6 mph blowing the ball in, and everything in between.
Are you talking about the game or in real life. It's weird to play 1 game with it blowing out 18mph and then the next it's blowing in 18mph. Usually wind patterns stay pretty consistant in cities except Chicago and San Fran. Just like in the new Yankee park.....almost always blowing out to right. Wind won't shift too much unless you get a different than normal weather pattern. But it does change in the game a lot.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

i live in Texas and yes it is very windy here. You never heard of a Texas twister ?
Old 05-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
Are you talking about the game or in real life. It's weird to play 1 game with it blowing out 18mph and then the next it's blowing in 18mph. Usually wind patterns stay pretty consistant in cities except Chicago and San Fran. Just like in the new Yankee park.....almost always blowing out to right. Wind won't shift too much unless you get a different than normal weather pattern. But it does change in the game a lot.
In the game. I've had strong breezes blowing out, but never a strong one blowing in, that probably has to do with BiA being a big time hitter's park.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »