Home

RosterControl On/Off....Lets Debate

This is a discussion on RosterControl On/Off....Lets Debate within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16
RosterControl On/Off....Lets Debate

Lets start a serious debate over the use of the Roster Control On or Off option...state which one you use, why you prefer it and what are the benefits or non benefits compared to the other option.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: RosterControl On/Off....Lets Debate

Roster Control Off; just never wanted to make a million different roster moves for all the teams. I might be rethinking this, though after I found out the CPU will call up all the 40 man players in September.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

off. I just like to do my own season and not concerned by what "reAL LIFE" Moves r made. I enjoy differnet moves and less comtrol even if the puter makes a few crazy ones. Makes it interesting. I can still look at what the puter thinks is fair and still use my own judgement of fairness when proposing my own moves.
I do hate ripping off the puter so you just have to think unbiased and do right. Not so hard. That alone makes my choice easy, but I do understand how others like to replicate the "real" season as well. Thats just not for me. anyway ridins rosters including lineups hold true enuff for me. Nice rosters and tks a ton.
hey ridn how is mr perfect lidge doing this year? I really have not been following them since krod has been so dominating this year. LOL
Old 05-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

OFF.

The point of playing my own Franchise is to create a "living, breathing" Franchise that does it's own thing and has it's own results. I'll never understand the desire of people that completely mimic the day to day moves of the real life teams. Why play your own Franchise then?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 20

Definitely on for me. I like to make the exact moves made in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

must be an east coast thing
Old 05-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
OFF.

The point of playing my own Franchise is to create a "living, breathing" Franchise that does it's own thing and has it's own results. I'll never understand the desire of people that completely mimic the day to day moves of the real life teams. Why play your own Franchise then?
I can't speak for other people who play this way, but for me, I chose this way because the way I used to play it is no longer possible. My big thing is to have rosters correct(guys on the real life team), so let's say Ortiz gets traded in real life to the Orioles, I want to make that trade on my game......but I like to play with fantasy injuries.

Well, this year they took out the loophole where you could play with RC on and still have fantasy injuries. So, I had a choice to make....play with rosters that wouldn't be exactly right and have fantasy injuries, or play with RC on and make all the day to day moves. I didn't think I would like doing it, but I actually have enjoyed it.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
Rookie

good thread by the way

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »