Home

Hitting HRs?

This is a discussion on Hitting HRs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Hitting HRs?

Any tips for hitting HRs? I'm playing on All-Star level and finally getting the timing down for getting a decent amount of hits, so between 6-12 a game.

However, I raely get anything more than a single and I've only gotten 3HRs over the last 10 games. Just seems that no matter what I can't get the ball out of the yard.

I'm playing with the Indians and I never use the Power swing, as I found that wasn't helping earlier when I was playing on Legend.

Thanks for some advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
Pro

masterkembo's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Hitting HRs?

I don't use power swing and playing on all-star. I usually just sit on a high inside fastball until there is 1 or 2 strikes on my batter depending on who it is.

I don't swing at anything down low early in the count - especially with runners on. I hold the PCI just above the middle of the plate and if I get a high inside fastball I push up on the left stick before I swing and it results in some pretty good homers.

Once you get used to sitting on the fastball, you should be able recognize a hanging curveball or slider and slow down your swing and pop a few of those out of the park too.

I'm top 10 in homeruns and 2nd in doubles about 30-40 games into my franchise. At 2 strikes I'm just trying not to strike out and am happy with any kind of hit. Good luck.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
Any tips for hitting HRs? I'm playing on All-Star level and finally getting the timing down for getting a decent amount of hits, so between 6-12 a game.

However, I raely get anything more than a single and I've only gotten 3HRs over the last 10 games. Just seems that no matter what I can't get the ball out of the yard.

I'm playing with the Indians and I never use the Power swing, as I found that wasn't helping earlier when I was playing on Legend.

Thanks for some advice.
Do you have swing analysis on? It seems like the difference between extra base hits and singles is usually timing. Maybe you're striking the ball early?
Old 05-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

I'll usually put the Power Slider above default. Right now, I've got it at 9.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #5
Rookie

loogs's Arena

OVR: 3

put the pitch feedback to no feedback. itll give you the biggest bonus if you guess the pitch and location right.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »