Home

Comeback AI

This is a discussion on Comeback AI within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13
Comeback AI

I think there have been discussions about this before, but now I'm convinced.

I started a Wild dynasty, and it seems like EVERY single time I score a goal or two in the mid to late game the opposing team gets the puck off the faceoff and comes right down and scores. Is there any way to resolve this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Comeback AI

Players' Aggressiveness ratings are the culprit. I've been lowering CPU Aggressiveness ratings down to 50-65, and it basically puts an end to the crazy comeback/cheating nonsense. Unfortunately there's no solution involving sliders.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

There needs to be a slider for "CPU Cheating".

I am convinced that this is in EVERY EASports title.

NHL / FIFA / NCAAFootball / Madden / etc ...
Old 05-25-2009, 12:10 AM   #4
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Do you guys think this is in all difficulty levels? I can't seem to keep a clean sheet on all star, ever. Whenever I get a lead there always seems to be an AI goal or two soon after and it always feels like I couldn't stop it, no matter what. FIFA had this kind of thing in 08 and 07 where AI players couldn't be tackled no matter what. Frustrating and breaks the illusion.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:30 AM   #5
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

A lot of it is illusion. I mean do teams "press" in those situations? Sure. That doesn't mean there is a coded game play resulting in that happening other than just a change in strategies.

I know what you are saying where it seems like it is "goal time" and come hell or high water the cpu is going to score, but trust me as I have been around these games enough over the years, alot of it is in our heads. Perhaps not all, but still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2009, 12:45 AM   #6
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94

I started a Wild dynasty, and it seems like EVERY single time I score a goal or two in the mid to late game the opposing team gets the puck off the faceoff and comes right down and scores. Is there any way to resolve this?
I used to feel that way, but if you maintain composure and change strategies you can defend against this. I don't believe in comeback a.i. in this game because I come back more than the CPU does. There are issues, but nothing that getting better at your own game can't solve. People who disagree (used to be me) are probably set in their ways and won't switch up their game style, and then they argue that it's the cpu's fault. These same people were the ones arguing that games were too easy before and had terrible a.i. While there probably could be a balance, I'd rather have a challenging game and get better than a walk through. Just my opinion though.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:14 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

yup. the cpu will step up their game at certain points during a game and some games will be harder than others. some people accept the challenge and see it as sort of realistic and fun and other just want to complain about it because they want to play the same exact game over and over again.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:38 AM   #8
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94

Yeah, play better on defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »