Home

Zen Pinball (PSN)

This is a discussion on Zen Pinball (PSN) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-23-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Zen Pinball (PSN)

OS TOP SCORES, UPDATED 1/16/14:

Spoiler

We sort of took over the Playstation network thread talking about this awesome game, but it's probably about time it gets its own thread.

I love this game, at least in the single-player leaderboard type mode. By and large, the tables are more challenging than just about any arcade pinball machine I've played. What makes them tough isn't so much keeping the ball on the table, but rather the accurate shots you have to make to score big points. It really isn't that tough to keep the ball from draining through the center once you've played for awhile, but trying to hit those shots and keep the ball out of the outlanes can be extremely challenging. There's a lot of luck involved in pinball, but you make some of your own too.

So I think that's what most of this thread is going to be about - figuring out how each table's special modes work and hitting the shots needed to win them.

I have a few general suggestions for anyone wanting to figure this stuff out (it really helped me on Shaman and El Dorado). They both involve taking your score off the leaderboard and disabling trophies though, which basically means it's practice:

- Slow motion. This one's pretty self explanatory - you can basically hit any shot you want to as long you've got the right timing. Play it long enough and you'll also see just how many shots you can hit with the flippers that looked like they were going right down the middle - you might be surprised.

- Operators menu. Learn it. Each one has several options for increasing/decreasing the difficulty of the table. There are presets for everything from extra easy to extra hard, found in the utilities menu. You can also make individual adjustments with the adjustments menu (and you'll want to if you go extra easy, the ball save timer is only 5 seconds! ).

These two features can help you get through the shots that you might not be able to hit normally at first (or didn't even know about!). Once you know where to aim, scoring big becomes a little simpler.

Oh, and if anyone has any tips for V12, I'm all ears - that one still kills me!!

Last edited by bcruise; 01-16-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Zen Pinball (PSN)

good idea bcruise

im not that stuck on the achievement thing myself but alot of guys seem to like the challenge.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

V12 is my worst table by far. I think my high score is like 950k or something, lol.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

going to download now
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 05-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Holy Crap this game rocks, one of the best downloadable games yet. I'm going to have some major fun with this.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm really focusing in on Tesla right now. Last couple of games I made some good progress (for me anyway), finally completing that first experiment and earning a personal best of 7.6 million.

I'm learning new things about the tables each time I play, and my high scores keep inching towards respectability. This game is definitely fun and addicting, and is great to fire up when I don't have a full hour to dedicate to a sports game.

Hopefully they will patch up the multiplayer issues, because it would be really fun to get some 4-player action with other OS'ers.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Old 05-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I'm really focusing in on Tesla right now. Last couple of games I made some good progress (for me anyway), finally completing that first experiment and earning a personal best of 7.6 million.

I'm learning new things about the tables each time I play, and my high scores keep inching towards respectability. This game is definitely fun and addicting, and is great to fire up when I don't have a full hour to dedicate to a sports game.

Hopefully they will patch up the multiplayer issues, because it would be really fun to get some 4-player action with other OS'ers.
Yeah, the Tesla experiments are a pain. While I was messing around in Easy mode I've seen all the experiments except Teleforce - I beleive you have to beat them all to get that one. They're all tough - I guess the chain reaction one is easiest (it requires less consistency), but you can potentially be dealing with 4 balls for that one - and you blow it if you miss one.

BTW, you change experiments by shooting the electromagnetic field, but instead of using the left magnet once all the targets are down, use the right one - the ball should exit on the right side, and the experiment will change. It doesn't do it automatically - you could do the same experiment multiple times if you wanted to.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:05 PM   #8
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

I think I was able to get up to about 7 million on V12 but that was before the server patch to fix the scores.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »