Home

Any way to get High Kicks as a boxer?

This is a discussion on Any way to get High Kicks as a boxer? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
Pro

imdahman's Arena

OVR: 6
Any way to get High Kicks as a boxer?

I know Michael Bisping has High Kicks as a boxer and he's unique, but is there any way of getting it for your CAF?

"The two most important days in your
life are the day you are born and the day
you find out why.”

- Mark Twain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Banned

xCROWDWARx's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Any way to get High Kicks as a boxer?

i know rashad evans can high kick as a boxer not sure who elsecan i havent played CAF yet so i dont know sorry.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

from my understanding (so I could be wrong), you cannot get high kicks on a CAF that has boxing as one of his primary fighting styles. Would be cool though for those rare guys who do it.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 05-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

For Career Mode CAF in the next iteration, it would be cool if you could spend extra points to get skills outside of your chosen technique. Like if you were a Muay Thai/BJJ guy, you could study Judo under Karo or something via the camps and then add some of their moves. Since it's outside your skill set, they'd cost twice as much (or take twice as long) to make it tough to do... But that would be a great addition and a good way to make your CAF actually unique instead of just a kickboxer with BJJ skills just like any of the other real fighters.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
Pro

imdahman's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
For Career Mode CAF in the next iteration, it would be cool if you could spend extra points to get skills outside of your chosen technique. Like if you were a Muay Thai/BJJ guy, you could study Judo under Karo or something via the camps and then add some of their moves. Since it's outside your skill set, they'd cost twice as much (or take twice as long) to make it tough to do... But that would be a great addition and a good way to make your CAF actually unique instead of just a kickboxer with BJJ skills just like any of the other real fighters.
That's a cool idea - i can definitely see them exploring the option. I would love to see true hybrid styles in the next iteration.

I mean, for example at our MMA school we're great grapplers, but we work the double legs and a lot of Judo throws because that's where our head instructor started. I would love to give my guy some judo throws. Sure they probably won't be as powerful and they'll probably cost me twice as much to get on my CAF - but I'd like the option to have them.

I'd just love to see the CAFs become truly 'hybrid' characters.

"The two most important days in your
life are the day you are born and the day
you find out why.”

- Mark Twain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Yeah, Rashad is the only one with it that I've seen so far. There may be others though.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Excellent idea. That was actually how I initially thought the camp aspect of career mode would be. Hopefully they implement this for next year. Does THQ have forums? Someone should post this there.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Outside of Koshchek I don't think so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »