Home

Potential Crash Work Around (Franchise)

This is a discussion on Potential Crash Work Around (Franchise) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8
Potential Crash Work Around (Franchise)

Since we don't have an official 'Workarounds Thread' this year, I'm going to post this here.

I had a little 'crashing issue' last night and I thought I'd share what I discovered in case anyone else runs into it.

Long Story:

I'm about 95 games into a Cardinals franchise that I started about a week after the game released, playing about 1/2 of the games and simming the other 1/2. Obviously I started it 'pre-patch' and I know there has been much discussion about how you should re-start any saves that were made 'pre-patch'. Clearly I have invested a significant amount of time into it, so I decided to continue with it until such time as I was forced to restart. If I have to restart then so be it, but I'm just being stubborn.

Last night I completed a series against the Astros on July 22nd ('09), and moved the calendar cursor to my next game; July 24th v. Phillies. As soon as the cursor moves to the 24th I get a crash to XMB. I restart and try again, and boom, XMB. I restart and navigate around the calendar and I can go to any day on the calendar except July 24th...I decide to try to sim past the game on the 24th, so I select the 25th and choose to play that game. Strangely enough there are several transactions: a couple of guys coming off the DL, a trade offer, and a guy on waivers. I figure that it might have something to do with that so I try some different options but everything ends up with me back at the XMB. I go to check out the Phillies schedule and anything I do there causes a crash. I now assume that I have narrowed it down to a problem with the Phillies.

In order to take the Phillies out of the equation, I decide to go to another team that has nothing to do with the Phillies...namely an AL team. I choose the Jays and sim to July 25th. Everything goes fine and I'm now sitting at July 25th with my game against the Phillies on the 24th having been simmed without issue. I didn't play the game on the 25th yet (it was late), but I was able to go through the entire pitcher selection and lineup screen without issue, so I'm assuming that the issue has been avoided.

Anyways, I just thought I'd put this out there in case anyone else encounters a similar problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Potential Crash Work Around (Franchise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitoon
Since we don't have an official 'Workarounds Thread' this year, I'm going to post this here.

I had a little 'crashing issue' last night and I thought I'd share what I discovered in case anyone else runs into it.

Long Story:

I'm about 95 games into a Cardinals franchise that I started about a week after the game released, playing about 1/2 of the games and simming the other 1/2. Obviously I started it 'pre-patch' and I know there has been much discussion about how you should re-start any saves that were made 'pre-patch'. Clearly I have invested a significant amount of time into it, so I decided to continue with it until such time as I was forced to restart. If I have to restart then so be it, but I'm just being stubborn.

Last night I completed a series against the Astros on July 22nd ('09), and moved the calendar cursor to my next game; July 24th v. Phillies. As soon as the cursor moves to the 24th I get a crash to XMB. I restart and try again, and boom, XMB. I restart and navigate around the calendar and I can go to any day on the calendar except July 24th...I decide to try to sim past the game on the 24th, so I select the 25th and choose to play that game. Strangely enough there are several transactions: a couple of guys coming off the DL, a trade offer, and a guy on waivers. I figure that it might have something to do with that so I try some different options but everything ends up with me back at the XMB. I go to check out the Phillies schedule and anything I do there causes a crash. I now assume that I have narrowed it down to a problem with the Phillies.

In order to take the Phillies out of the equation, I decide to go to another team that has nothing to do with the Phillies...namely an AL team. I choose the Jays and sim to July 25th. Everything goes fine and I'm now sitting at July 25th with my game against the Phillies on the 24th having been simmed without issue. I didn't play the game on the 25th yet (it was late), but I was able to go through the entire pitcher selection and lineup screen without issue, so I'm assuming that the issue has been avoided.

Anyways, I just thought I'd put this out there in case anyone else encounters a similar problem.

Yeah, im like you. I started my franchise a week after teh game came out and invested a lot of time in the game when the patch came out so I didn't want to restart. Right now im at June 27th and am in 2nd place behind the Sox. After hearing the issues that people were having with the patch I decided to sim the rest of the season and into the playoffs. My season didn't crash so I will continue to play.

Thanks for the tips. If I do encounter the crashing problem I will keep this in mind.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

OVR: 6

It is possible to get around the franchise crash. You just have to keep working with it, be patient, and keep trying different ways to get past the crash date.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Thanks
Old 05-22-2009, 04:42 AM   #5
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

How many of you guys who are running into the crash are using the mlb 09 roster sets? the updates scea puts out? or how many are using a downloaded roster?

has anyone gotten a crash problem using default rosters? im just thinking maybe 1 of these may be the issue as to why it crashes to xmb...i myself have yet to encounter a crash *knock on wood*

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
How many of you guys who are running into the crash are using the mlb 09 roster sets? the updates scea puts out? or how many are using a downloaded roster?

has anyone gotten a crash problem using default rosters? im just thinking maybe 1 of these may be the issue as to why it crashes to xmb...i myself have yet to encounter a crash *knock on wood*
Interesting..Im using SCEA's roster from a week after the game was realeased (I believe March 9th) and havent had a crash yet also (knock on wood)
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Interesting..Im using SCEA's roster from a week after the game was realeased (I believe March 9th) and havent had a crash yet also (knock on wood)
My roster is old too...I can't remember which one exactly, but a very early one. I started my franchise about a week after getting the game (I'm impatient ).
Old 05-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38

when I had the crash...and it turned out that the Pirates series and one of the Braves series was was not able to play...I was and still am using ONLY my rosters...I don't upload/download anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »