Home

Arbitration

This is a discussion on Arbitration within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Arbitration

I am horrible at negotiating contracts and knowing when to offer Arbitration. Any help on when i should offer this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Arbitration

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I am horrible at negotiating contracts and knowing when to offer Arbitration. Any help on when i should offer this?
Well, you have to offer it before December 1st to players that are eligible or else they become free agents.

Abritration should be offered to guys that you want back on your team, but feel they are asking for more money then they are worth.

Example: Todd Wellemeyer made $2M dollars the previous season and now is asking for $7.0M a year. I refuse to pay him that(kept offering him $4M to $5M a year, but he wouldn't take it) and since he's one of the better free agents out there(type B) I offered up arbritration. That way if he's on my team, hopefully for what I'm willing to pay, or if he signs elsewhere then I get a compensation pick from the signing club.

Hope that helps some.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Thanks that does help a lot. Never took into consideration their previous years salary.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

How fair, does it seem to you, the "arbitrator" is when choosing an offer (between the player and the club)?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansPup
How fair, does it seem to you, the "arbitrator" is when choosing an offer (between the player and the club)?
Its been fair to me, hell, I've gave a guy (a bench player who did NOTHING for me..) the least amount I could give him the the "arbitrator" agreed with me over him.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 01:23 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Ya, I just finished my first year with the Nats, I had Cabrera, Milledge, Flores and Olsen up for Arbitration, I won all but Milledges case, so its works ok....
Old 05-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rworth88
Ya, I just finished my first year with the Nats, I had Cabrera, Milledge, Flores and Olsen up for Arbitration, I won all but Milledges case, so its works ok....
How close did you come from their previous salaries in your arb offer? Did you have to bump them up much in pay? You don't get to see what they ask they arbitrator do you? or is it the same as what they are looking for in the contract renegotiation page?
Old 05-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

it is usually a similar number to what they are looking for in a contract, but no you do not get to see their salary request. also, you have to look at your arbitration offer as you would a normal work-related pay raise. you take into account their former earnings and their performance over the course of that year and decide where their pay scale would fit within the free agent market based on those two factors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »