Home

Hope for some type of Button Control in FN4??This Article says there is

This is a discussion on Hope for some type of Button Control in FN4??This Article says there is within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-17-2009, 03:02 AM   #1
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Hope for some type of Button Control in FN4??This Article says there is

Intro:
After I got my hands on the Fight Night 4 Demo I was amazed. The game is incredible in every way Graphics, Sound, Fun Factor, and Gameplay but, there is a major negative to the gameplay situation. Similar to Factor 5’s game LAIR that debuted on the Playstation 3 it was released only using motion controls which put a major damper on the success of the game and sadly EA Sports Fight Night 4 according to the demo was about to share that same fate until.
Point #1
I did some research on the fans of this game and the majority ruled in favor of having the option to use Face Buttons just like in Fight Night Round 3 for your punches instead of being limited to the Total Control Analog Punch gameplay style. Well I’ve contacted EA regarding this matter and it was remarkable how they responded. Here’s a quote from one of the employees that’s behind the production of this game.
“Thanks for this, man. Appreciate honest feedback.

The team is aware of the concerns, and though we can’t make any
official comment on the button issue, rest assured it is being
addressed.

The good thing about our current gaming landscape is the ability to
patch a game on day one.

I will keep you posted. Thanks again for reaching out.”

That right there sealed the deal and also shows how powerful us gamers are in this industry and how dedicated EA is as a company for there fan base to remain happy.
Closing
Every company in this industry needs to learn from Factor 5’s mistake and that is “never take away options that gamers want to justify what you think is correct as a developer” – Gerard (HipHopGamer) Williams.
Surely in the end you have to cater to the gamers and options will always save the day for a developer’s success.

Written By: Gerard (HipHopGamer) Williams

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=9516
******** type="text/javascript"> ******** src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type="text/javascript"> ******** src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/expansion_embed.js">******** src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/test_domain.js" />********>window.google_render_ad();

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 05-17-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Hope for some type of Button Control in FN4??This Article says there is

as for the article I'll wait for something official

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 05-17-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

I hope that's true. I would add that seems to be the positive attitude we've seen out of EA Sports lately. While I like TPC, so many people want the buttons that for the success of the game I hope they do add it. This way people won't reject the game for lack of button control and hopefully they'll at least try TPC long enough to make a fair judgement.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

I can't speak for anyone else, but I will NOT buy FN4 unless they allow button use for punching.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

the stick is not practical b/c it just makes doing the 3 to 12 motion = to pressing b . It's not like you are actually controlling the guys hands. I could see if it was that you threw the punch as fast or as slow as you did the 3/9 to 12 motion but that's not the case. That's why I call it a gimmick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'm not feeling the TPC but I'm going to give it a shot. TPC is a potential game killer for me though. The only reason I need the buttons is for throwing crosses and jabs. Its dumb, to me, to have to use the stick for jabs and crosses.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:05 PM   #7
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I hate using analog for boxing. I think its too much to think about in the heat of battle.

But the game looks real good and I'm getting it anyway.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 19

I read the same article over at another site and I find it quite predictable. I don't understand why EA ever thought this would work. I will warn to those that scream that EA and even 2K are getting to the point where they just put the same game out with updated rosters every year. Gamers that reject change should not whine so much when they give you the same game over and over again. 2K tried to stand up and remove the cheesy 2KCam in online mode only, and people biatched and moaned until they brought it back, now the TPC. I prefer buttons but I understand what EA was probably trying to accomplish here. Conclusion: If you don't start something you want have to worry about trying to finish it. My dad taught me that a long time ago. EA and 2K have always included methods and modes of cheese in there games. Now it's gonna be difficult to just do away with them in a blink of an eye.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »